Stakes for Back to lay trades

The sport of kings.
aethome123

Hello y'all!

I've been doing live Back to lay trades for a few months with £50 stakes and now I'd like to scale up. Eventually, I like to incrementally get to £200 per trade. Is it possible to get this amount matched in in-play markets?

Thanks
iambic_pentameter

The best thing to do would be to watch the markets and see what money is available over a certain period.

And another consideration is this:

If you were using £200 stakes, what % of your overall bank is that? You don't want to be in a position where a losing run takes a big chunk of your bank away.

Iambic
jimibt

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:37 pm
The best thing to do would be to watch the markets and see what money is available over a certain period.

If you were using £200 stakes, what % of your overall bank is that? You don't want to be in a position where a losing run takes a big chunk of your bank away.

Iambic
agree with this as this is as much an issue as getting the stake into the IP market.
BetScalper

£200 matched in-play on the GG’s ? :roll:
aethome123

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:37 pm

Iambic
It's 5% of bank.
iambic_pentameter

Personally, I'm more comfortable with 2% but this is based on something that a full time trader suggested to me. However, trading is also about what works for you.

At the end of the day, the stake is just a small part of it - mindset, discipline etc are all a factor.

Iambic
aethome123

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:51 pm
Personally, I'm more comfortable with 2% but this is based on something that a full time trader suggested to me. However, trading is also about what works for you.

At the end of the day, the stake is just a small part of it - mindset, discipline etc are all a factor.

Iambic
Indeed. I've also been quoted 2.5% of bank, either way, 2-2.5% sounds very reasonable. At any rate, I won't be storm-trooping straight out of the gate into random markets with £200 stakes. Rather, it'll be a steady incrementation as well as your advice on watching the markets.Your point on mindset and the rest is duly noted. Thanks for your feedback. Definitely food for thought.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”