How to match/link a Strategy to a Market. How to define a market.

The sport of kings.
gstar1975

I thought I would start this thread as no one seems to have already.

So the question is:

How do you match/link a strategy to a Market.

Sounds simple but its not. The problem is you can have multiple strategies and multiply types of markets. So how do you go about matching those strategies to a market. First of all you write out all of your strategies, be it for scalping or swing trading. Write out all of the different types of markets like Handicap, Novice etc, then the hard bit is to connect the strategy to the market. One way I have discovered to do this is to run some automation and then as Peter would say look at the losses and then write down these markets noting the class of the race, type of race Hcp etc.

This is just a summary but I would like to have the forum come up with some of their own ideas and see if we can put together a quick way to find something that everyone can follow.

How to define a market: Class 1-7, Hcps, Novice, Maidens, Novice Hcp, Apprentice Hcp, Sellers, Claimers, NHF, Conditional, Group Races, Listed.

Then the price of the favourite comes into play as you could have a 6.0 fav in a Hcp which would point to a scalping strategy, and then you could have a clear fav of say 3.0 second fav 6.0 so then would you employ a scalping strategy on the second fav and a swing strategy on the fav? It gets very confusing, so if there was one definition for each race type it would make it easier for traders to employ the correct strategy for a market. Then throw in the variables, and also if a theme starts to show itself, like short fav losing then in the next race money for the next fav. If you are running automation this can cause problems.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”