"Cash out is disabled on that market"

The sport of kings.
eightbo

I was curious to see if betfair's cash out option canceled your bets before it hedged for you.

So I tested it on the following market by laying £2 stake at 4.0:
Market ID 1.158439424 ¦ 00:00 Mountaineer Park (USA)

But to my surprise I was unable to close the position (liquidity was not an issue)

If my net dies that's usually how I close my positions, does anyone have more info on this or perhaps a list of tracks where this is the case?

Cheers,
ShaunWhite

If your wired net goes down, switch your phone to hotspot mode and connect through that instead using wireless from your pc (built-in wifi or a usb wifi stick is about a fiver). You don't even need to restart BA. Can be tricky, i sometimes had to pull the ethernet cable out of my pc otherwise it wouldn't drop that connection properly and switch to the wifi. But I haven't needed to do it for months, and a safety bot runs on my vps anyway. It tidies up if I go missing, and the net from the vps is managed and totally dependable.
LinusP

My understanding is that it will be disabled if Xm is turned off, this tends to happen if there is a non runner which hasn’t been removed or the market does not have enough matched.
eightbo

Does xm need to hit £x to be activated in all markets? Any info appreciated.

Yeah will do Shaun. Exiting via hotspot takes me 20s+ but from cash out page (prep'd pre session) takes 5s. Think Windows10 only scans for new networks every X seconds as well which makes the time vary. May be able to change this somewhere in registry if that's the case but haven't researched it at this time.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 6:04 am
Can be tricky, i sometimes had to pull the ethernet cable out of my pc otherwise it wouldn't drop that connection properly and switch to the wifi.
When I moved I was happily using my smartphone hotspot, I connected my broadband router even though it had no internet connection, just to connect to my backup computer, and the mobile internet connection went dead!

For some reason Microsoft, with all their wisdom, would rather rely 100% on a broadband connection that isn't working than a mobile connection that's working perfectly. Can't see why your OS can't use both.
sharkky

Probably because you connected the ethernet cable from your offline router AFTER you had a wifi connection active, so it auto switched to the cable upon discovery.

What you guys need to do is turn off your wifi and connect via ethernet cable, make sure you have internet working through that, THEN turm om wifi and connect to your mobile hotspot. the icon will show you on wifi, but you are actually still using ethernet, check your IP to confirm that.

You then have a scenario where if your broadband fails, you auto switch to wifi, and that's connected to your 4g hotspot. Confirm this by pulling the cable out at the router end to simulate a network outage. You will transfer seamlessly to the wifi that was already connected, so long as your phone didn't time out or anything, my iphone stays on it all session though.
Derek27

Cheers Sharkky, but my issue was that my router wasn't connected to the internet because I had just moved in and was using it to connect to another computer. It's quite annoying that Microsoft have to prioritise ethernet over wi-fi even when it's not connected.
sharkky

I think they made the right call on that, auto switch to the cable when you plug it in - windows would assume you want connection to that cos you just plugged it in.

But for anyone else wanting a seamless switch from broadband to 4g upon broadband outage, follow the order above and you have it.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”