PLEASE HELP

The sport of kings.
Fleckey299

Afternoon all

I have been trading for 9nonths and I am slowly getting to grip with the pre race trading. I want to move things up and itch bit I am struggling to find an edge. I AM DEFO NOT ASKING ANYONE TO TELL ME THEIR EDGE, but i am asking can someone give me a hint description of what a hint could be or a hint on where to look for one, I am totally stumped. Thanks in advance.
ilovehorses

I remember asking myself this question when I first started trading, I always thought an edge was only a number generated from an algorithm, but as time went on I realised it can be a number of things, from your ability to execute trades well, having faster pictures, etc. For example I believe people collect data to model or back test the market, have a edge over the people who don’t.

The more people you have an edge over the more significant your edge will be, but you don’t need an edge over the entire market, just the participants you are trading with at that time.
Kai

Fleckey299 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:10 pm
Afternoon all

I have been trading for 9nonths and I am slowly getting to grip with the pre race trading. I want to move things up and itch bit I am struggling to find an edge. I AM DEFO NOT ASKING ANYONE TO TELL ME THEIR EDGE, but i am asking can someone give me a hint description of what a hint could be or a hint on where to look for one, I am totally stumped. Thanks in advance.
Look for the biggest trends with enough time to reverse? Peter's videos cover practically all prerace situations, plenty of clues and examples there on how to execute various types of trades, maybe pick the simplest looking ones and start from there.

9 months is not much to be honest, it's often not enough time for a trader to be born :)

Markets should make more sense once you get more experience and start noticing more patterns and biases.
BetBuddy

Concentrate on UK Hcap races. Same patterns occur every day.
iambic_pentameter

OP

Give yourself at least 3 years to truly understand how the markets work. Once you know that, you'll have an edge.

Try and record your trading sessions so you can go back later and review it.

A useful post written by Dallas will help you as we transition from the flat to the jumps:

https://www.betangel.com/blog/there-is- ... -tunnel-2/

Best of luck,

Iambic
ruthlessimon

whimsies

Just keep watching you will find them.

I dont mind sharing a little edge I spotted during the ashes. Living in aus I noticed that when I woke up 6.am that aus odds had been pushed out overnight by english punters. Know the aus punters were soon to wake up and true to form they pushed the aus price back in only a couple of clicks in. Sorry I havnt got the odds map to prove it.
wearthefoxhat

Always worth considering Peter Webb's Masterclass.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19247&hilit=masterclass

Return to “Trading Horse racing”