BFSP STATS - SP1; SP2 and SP2

The sport of kings.
ShaunWhite

rencoetz wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:36 am

I want to bet on a favorite horse in a race where the difference between SP 1 and SP 2 is more than 0.1 ; so false favs are not triggered
SP 1 = 2.3 ; SP2 = 2.6 would trigger bet.

Can you please see if my file below is correct - I ma not so sure if this can also be done with relative odds condition ?
thanks
Do you mean you want to back the favourite if (back price of the fav) < (back price of the second favourite -1) ?

You don't know Starting Prices (SPs) until after the race starts.
rencoetz

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:51 am
rencoetz wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:43 am
or will this do the trick ?
The second version looks ok, it's nice and simple rather than using the unnecessary stored values.
Try it in Practice Mode first
Thanks Mate - I think this one should work - seems logic to me
rencoetz

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:00 am
rencoetz wrote:

I want to bet on a favorite horse in a race where the difference between SP 1 and SP 2 is more than 0.1 ; so false favs are not triggered

Can you please see if my file below is correct - I ma not so sure if this can also be done with relative odds condition ?
thanks
Do you mean you want to back the favourite if (back price of the fav) < (back price of the second favourite -1) ?

I will be happy with SP 10sec before the off - Normally close enough
ShaunWhite

rencoetz wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:41 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:00 am
rencoetz wrote:

thanks

I will be happy with SP 10sec before the off - Normally close enough
Just to avoid confusion and to use the right terminology, you can have the price 10s before the start but you can't have SP before the start. SP is the starting price and Betfair don't calculate that until just after the race actually starts.

I agree it's going to be close to SP, but it's not really correct to call it SP.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”