could someone explain this to me please

The sport of kings.
prestburydreams

Naffmam answer was incorrect they were exit trades in green positions it does not take money from your bank I would of required another 100 quid in my bank for it to be the problem

I think Dallas is about the only one who has come close to the answer but that's not a surprise he seems quite a talented chap or wench may be who knows
Dallas

prestburydreams wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:52 pm
Well it must of been the api as the live video was working fine
Video's are buffered so you could briefly lose connection dozens of times and be none the wiser
Kai

prestburydreams wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:57 pm
Naffmam answer was incorrect they were exit trades in green positions it does not take money from your bank I would of required another 100 quid in my bank for it to be the problem
When you click on the ladder P/L column to fully hedge and exit your position, does that automatically cancel all other unmatched bets on this market?
prestburydreams

As you can see I clicked the red button for some reason it would not place the cancel bet I didn't have time to use the edge button as It jumped and went instantly massive and that was it

I can't understand why it did not take into account my already matched positions as that is the only way I had either insufficient funds or exceeded my limit
ShaunWhite

Domestic grade comms are always a weak link and the more you trade the more issues you see. Some you win and some you lose but over time they even out. But it's sods law the losers will come first. People often think their max loss will be what they've planned but max loss is always potentially whatever your max liability is at any given time.

Your annoyance is understandable but it's just one of those things people deal with, and for obvious reasons it's not mentioned much or at all in the vids although it should be. That false sense of security causes inexperienced people to exposing their whole bank thinking they only have a much smaller risk.

Those tiger stripes come at a price prestbury, at least you've survived to tell tell the tale and next time there's an issue, hopefully it'll go your way. The only guarantee is that this won't be the last comms niggle/glitch you'll ever have.
Kai

Not sure I understood what you mean exactly last couple posts but look at the log, I never look at any logs anyway but it seems pretty clear cut?

If I'm reading it correctly you had a back position open of around 200 which is basically your entire current balance there, and then you placed the first "closure bet" of 194 just fine at 2.56. Just a second later (panic clicking maybe?) you tried placing another closure bet at 2.52 which didn't go off since your bank was already tied, and 4 seconds later another closure bet failed attempt at 2.44.

In the second part of the log like Naffman said you've spread out 3x25 lay stakes (which took up half of your bank in liabilities?), which you only cancelled after you tried to put another closure bet.

To me it just looks like you've been trying to use more funds than you currently have in your balance.

Btw my previous question is tied to your software settings, there's nothing wrong with how you're managing your position, provided the settings are tweaked like that. If putting closure bets directly on the ladder cancel all of your other unmatched bets then there should be no problem whatsoever, you can keep clicking and moving your exit to whatever price you want. If the settings are not like that, then you need a larger bank to do what you wanted to do, which is to place 3 different exits, or cancel previous bets obviously.
prestburydreams

Cheers Shaun and Kai and everyone else the only reasons I'm really annoyed is when the government announced I was going to be under house arrest for another 3 weeks I thought ok let's try proper trading take the wins take the losses and to make sure i took the losses I restricted my account and now I can't deposit

Like I said previously it's not the money I have gambled for above twenty years and losing is a second nature it's the fact I got tripped over by it and could see it coming but everyday is a learning day I just wish sometimes I could catch a lucky break

Learning to trade was keeping me sane now I'm left sitting on my hands and in both instances I have done the correct thing by firstly trying to rake the loss and secondly editing my deposit limit to made sure I stuck to the plan now I been burned on both

I have spent the rest of the day setting up another brand of software and will mess about with that in practice mode
Kai

prestburydreams wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:54 pm
I have spent the rest of the day setting up another brand of software and will mess about with that in practice mode
Before you give up on Bet Angel make sure you understand what happened because it can maybe happen again no matter the software, especially if the problem is where I think it is. But it's difficult to explain textually, I've sent you a PM with a screenshot of the settings, it should be pretty self explanatory.

You can try using practice mode to test out how liabilities in general work in all situations, and all the different settings too, if you aren't familiar already. There should be zero doubt really in your mind when software or api etc goes tits up.
ShaunWhite

prestburydreams wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:54 pm

Like I said previously it's not the money I have gambled for above twenty years and losing is a second nature it's the fact I got tripped over by it
Trouble is it's like going to the bookies planning to have a tenner on, then going back later and finding out you owe an extra 190 quid.

Or it's actually more like planning to go back to the bookies to get out by dutching the rest of the field, and finding the shop is shut.
prestburydreams

or spread betting not that I actually know anything about it its the one avenue I never went down after the horror cricket world cup story years ago I bet England v Ireland was the same

Return to “Trading Horse racing”