Aussie racing pics

The sport of kings.
The dog of ry

Fav galloped at Menangle there and market saw it a good 3 seconds before my radio or vision did :|
Heisenberg

Yep I noticed that too. They spotted that one very quickly.
Lutruwita

After all this time, the market, almost overnight, is too good for me. I battled on OK in the weekend but on Tuesday, as experienced by that galloper at Menagle, some people are way ahead. It was my first losing today (without a big mistake) I’ve had.

I can’t believe how quickly the change has occurred. The market is declaring the winner significantly earlier than it was. Indeed, in the initial few days of Betfair closing races earlier, quite often the winner still had money left to be matched >$1.50. It’s amazing how sharp these markets have become - even for harness racing. I never realised it was possible to be a decent speed ahead of AM radio!
rik

Aarondewit wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:45 pm
After all this time, the market, almost overnight, is too good for me. I battled on OK in the weekend but on Tuesday, as experienced by that galloper at Menagle, some people are way ahead. It was my first losing today (without a big mistake) I’ve had.

I can’t believe how quickly the change has occurred. The market is declaring the winner significantly f than it was. Indeed, in the initial few days of Betfair closing races earlier, quite often the winner still had money left to be matched >$1.50. It’s amazing how sharp these markets have become - even for harness racing. I never realised it was possible to be a decent speed ahead of AM radio!
you were betting on the home stretch based just on the am radio call??
i dont notice much difference since the fast video feed stopped start of the month, turnover and types of bets being placed in running similar
Lutruwita

Yep. I’d bet anywhere from the start to when the race finished. Probably made half my money in the last 200m. Often did quite well out of the leader; however, now if then leaders falters someone sees it much quicker than me and I can’t get out or my bets are taken, or I get out of a good position too early as I’m worried I’ll be left high and dry. And clearly it’s over for late bets. For close finishes I’d watch the vision and take an educated guess and put money up which was often matched. This was very profitable. Now I’m matched if it loses or not matched if it wins :?

Harness racing was especially good late.
Heisenberg

Yes something has happened literally overnight. The market is reacting as if the AM call is delayed and it's tracksiders hoovering up the late money. But the AM radio is still real time and it has never been anything like this before. The fast feed was 1.8 seconds behind live so someone has got access to a feed much faster than that, it has to be essentially real time. I'm running out of plausible potential scenarios, it just has to be the TAB trading off their own IPTV feeds.

If it is, I'm surprised Betfair are allowing it since Tabcorp have been giant dicks to them in the past.
BigToad

Agree 100% with you guys- over the last week or 2 there is a feed that people are accessing to trade in run that is ridiculously quick.Its very evident because its even happening at obscure tracks.Unfortunately they are going to slowly kill it for not only us but themselves aswell evetually when the market dries up.
I was astonished the other night i stayed up and traded the UK markets and was shocked to see the arse has fallen out of the inplay market there aswell
Lutruwita

Sky ahead of AM radio so far today! What is going on? :shock:
Lutruwita

The 800m at Ipswich might be over before the AM radio kicks in :lol:
The dog of ry

Only just sat down but my AM radio was normal on the Gold Coast.. sometimes if the station can't get the direct audio from track they'll use the Sky feed I've noticed which is obviously very slow
Lutruwita

Yes. That does occur, but generally not for 3/3 tracks. In Tasmania we get RSN until 1pm then Radio TAB. I wonder if that will make a difference.

There's been a few times previously where the radio has been behind the TV for a day or so. I remember a little period in maybe August 2018 when it went on for days.
Lutruwita

Radio TAB (QLD) is operating as normal (ahead of Sky). Who knows what was happening at RSN.
gazuty

Aarondewit wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:27 am
Sky ahead of AM radio so far today! What is going on? :shock:
Are you listening to AM radio or are you listening to DAB?

My AM radio is about 3 to 4 seconds in front of Sky Racing 1 on the Foxtel feed and is clearly ahead of the in players.

Of course relying on the radio means relying on the accuracy of the race caller (and sometimes .... ). But, you are experienced and I understand it would be factored in to your strategy.

Obviously no track siders with the lockdown in Vic for that last at Sandown, the winner was obviously in the middle and I am sure experienced track siders would have pushed it to 1.01 instead of the 1.15 it finished at. And I am guessing the caller might night have been at the track? because he called the photo without saying what had happened with the push in the middle. Often times they say "photo, but I reckon X has got up there".
Lutruwita

We don't have DAB in Northen Tasmania.
Last edited by Lutruwita on Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
gazuty

Aarondewit wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:17 am
We don't have DAB in Tasmania.
oh, ok, so relayed and rebroadcast radio

So is it 1008 out of Launceston? - http://www.radioheritage.net/Australia/amtas.asp

Return to “Trading Horse racing”