Aussie racing pics

The sport of kings.
jamesedwards

Hi all.

Anyone here trade Aussie racing in-running? The best pics I can find are from Betfair but they are clearly 3 secs or more behind the market. Where are people getting the faster pics from? I'm happy to pay.
ANGELS15

jameegray1 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:42 pm
Hi all.

Anyone here trade Aussie racing in-running? The best pics I can find are from Betfair but they are clearly 3 secs or more behind the market. Where are people getting the faster pics from? I'm happy to pay.
Like you I use the Betfair pictures. TBH 3 seconds or so is pretty good. I find the SIS pictures for regular UK racing to be about 5 seconds out. By contrast the US racing betfair picture times are around 20 seconds behind! Mostly the runners have already run a couple of furlongs before the pictures cut in. At Remington Park where it appears they usually stage 1 1/2 - 2f races, the races are effectively over before you see the pictures. The pictures are essentially replays.

But curious, what makes you believe you can get faster Aussie pictures than the Betfair ones?
rik

which pictures are you watching, us racing has been very low latency whereas australian has either not been working at all or 5-6 seconds behind
i assume the quickest feed is direct form the racetrack before the tv studios process it and add their commentary etc, probably some people can access it
Dr_Zoidberg

Aus latency with BLV is unusable for in-running, by the time the markets go in play they have already gone 100m or so and BLV is a few seconds behind that again. So looking at 8-9 seconds latency.

US differs from track to track but is usually in the 4-5 second range.

With Flash, Sky 1 and 2 used to be about 5 seconds behind but now it's 13ish. If you have a Citibet account the delay is 6-7 seconds, it's probably about the best you are going to get outside of the Foxtel feed at the moment. There are irregular feeds available with lower latency (3 seconds or so) but they are very expensive and probably only cover a third of the AU in-play markets. Even with those pictures you won't beat the analogue radio players so it's not worth the outlay in my opinion.

The NZ Tab used to have a great AU feed, 2.5 seconds or so, but it's useless now too.
Thebest147

I suppose if you were looking at trading as a full time job ie no other income, then you could phone live comentery straight from the course, offcourse it will cost you x amount for the call but if you have a strategy that out performs the costs involved then that could be the way to go,
Thebest147

Thebest147 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:42 am
I suppose if you were looking at trading as a full time job ie no other income, then you could phone live comentery straight from the course, offcourse it will cost you x amount for the call but if you have a strategy that out performs the costs involved then that could be the way to go,
Oh should have stated this is a quick back to lay strategy i and out for a few dollars
Dr_Zoidberg

Here in Australia the AM radio commentary is real time, so the race call is free for anyone in an AM reception area with a $10 radio. Overseas based traders could have an arrangement with an AU based friend to have them play the radio over the phone but there will be a very slight delay, enough to offset the advantage of being closer to the BF servers anyway.

I was on course at Redcliffe once and the AM radio was ever so slightly ahead of the on course broadcast (their PA system is ancient). Was quite bizarre hearing it in my headphones before the on course patrons were hearing it (all 4 of them lol).
Dr_Zoidberg

This is one instance where us AU guys have a bit if an advantage. Very jealous of our UK counterparts.

5ms pings versus 350+
In-play sports trading allowed online
Paysafecard is accepted for deposits (can get them 5% off here with a bit of legwork)
Access to Betfair Live Video (pretty much anything good is geoblocked here)

There's plenty more but too depressing to list 😂
Anbell

Dr_Zoidberg

How's the latency with Skype Anbell? Always assumed it would be a second or so? Haven't looked into mind you (even after I said I would in the previous post lol), very clever solution!
Anbell

It's basically real-time. It has to be, to be able to have a phone call-like chat.
Last edited by Anbell on Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
megarain

Can multiple listeners join the skype call ?

I think a few people would contribute to the costs, if someone was prepared to organise, so the sender got a profit + increased liquidity.

Maybe people interested could +1, and we maybe take this offline to a private chat and discuss options.

The tech definately exists -- its been solved for UK facetimers.
Anbell

Skype has group calling - but I wouldnt want lots of people calling into my current remote computer. I can get the AM feed in my car at home, but not in the house, so I'd have to get an AM antenna installed, and a dedicated machine.

In theory I could also screen-share a video feed.
whimsies

Living in Australia I get 1 sec delay but in-play is not my interest. I may occasionally do the lay the field if it looks a close race half way round.
whimsies

website racing.com

Return to “Trading Horse racing”