Which races ?

The sport of kings.
cmuddle

Hi everyone,

can anybody suggest in which races or tracks it does occur that the favourite shoots to the odds of 500 and wins?

I know I have to do my own research and look through data but just wanted to ask first to get an idea.

Thanks a lot
Derek27

cmuddle wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:55 am
Hi everyone,

can anybody suggest in which races or tracks it does occur that the favourite shoots to the odds of 500 and wins?

I know I have to do my own research and look through data but just wanted to ask first to get an idea.

Thanks a lot
It can happen at any course. It's more related to what's happening on the track than which track they're racing on.
Anbell

cmuddle wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:55 am
Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot
Its such a rare occurrence that there will always be sample size issues
ANGELS15

As others have said you can't really pin it to a particular course. Normally if a favourite hits odds of 500 it's for good reason.

Having said that I recall a jump race where one of the horses was left at the start, must have given the field at least a 40 length start and still won! No doubt it's odds must have touched 1000.

There are the odd horses around that tend to start slowly and give themselves plenty to do in a race. However I seriously doubt that giving away ground in races or 'burying' horses too far back are really effective race wining tactics.
ShaunWhite

It can happen anywhere, and because it's happened somewhere before doesn't mean it will again, and if it's never happened somewhere then there's no reason why it won't at some time in the future.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”