Trading Horse racing : Trading What I see !?

The sport of kings.
goat68

Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:38 am

Kai wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:56 pm
iambic_pentameter wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:35 pm
goat68 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:58 pm
Hcap's, directional bottom/top of range
Scalping at these points in the market is very dangerous.

The markets are more volatile generally these days as well, so you need to pick your scalping battles carefully.

Iambic
+1 Although probably scalping everywhere is dangerous at that phase.

Sorry to hear you're giving up so soon Mr Goat.

Scalping may look simple in videos but it's an advanced skill imho. Because not only do you need to know how to scalp (which everyone more or less knows), but also when and where as well which is far more important, like you've probably experienced firsthand :|
I had a bad day yesterday, was in a bit of a grumpy mood, compounded by a good start!
I should not have been trading in that mood...
So give up was a knee jerk.... I shall continue on my small stakes.
I'm routing around these forums, there's lots of awesome information which helps put into better context all Peter's videos.
Mr Goat

Euler

Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:21 am

It's best to start with a base strategy and expand from there once you feel you have mastered things.

So, for example, I'm going to look for a drifting favourite. These are the things that will cause this drift that I am looking for. I expect it to start drifting roughly here and I will get out of my position here.

Then hunt for those opportunities. If you don't see them, then don't trade. Just wait for one to come along.

It's all about putting some structure into your trading.

TraderFred

Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:18 pm

Just say what you see.

Once you progress, and get good at it, you then advance to the Ready Money round.

wearthefoxhat

Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:27 pm

Euler wrote:
It's best to start with a base strategy and expand from there once you feel you have mastered things.

So, for example, I'm going to look for a drifting favourite. These are the things that will cause this drift that I am looking for. I expect it to start drifting roughly here and I will get out of my position here.

Then hunt for those opportunities. If you don't see them, then don't trade. Just wait for one to come along.

That's golden info right there...simple but effective.

goat68

Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:27 pm

Euler wrote:

I'm going to work at this sort of structure, however one thing I struggle with is not understanding what causes a drift...?!
I am going to define a set of rules to myself of what setups might lead to a drift, eg. Fav stuck at top of range, near odds boundary, and 2/3rd favs are trending lower.
Get out if 2/3 rd don't support move.
Something like that maybe..?
Thanks
Euler

Return to “Trading Horse racing”

• Information