Trading What I see !?

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
goat68

Euler wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:44 pm
I've completely lost track of what is happening on the thread now. It was a sort of Goat supportive idea thread, but seems to have gone off track?
I was leaving them to it...it was quite entertaining :-)
I'm quietly moving forward this week, I've let go of my strong hold of reverse-psychology, but not all of it, still thinking about crowd mentality. I'm taking stock of the basics and applying it, going well so far today.
goat68

Really can't run the trades though, it's just so volatile
goat68

King Roland just crucified my profit, volatile in the extreme
kerza

goat68 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:10 pm
Are you keeping an eye on live pictures? Those kind of trades are great if you can quickly get on the right side of it.
goat68

kerza wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:20 pm
goat68 wrote:
Are you keeping an eye on live pictures? Those kind of trades are great if you can quickly get on the right side of it.
Not always, although my issue with pictures is it influencing me the wrong way if you know what I mean? Since i know nothing about horses... Obviously running loose things are obvious...
alexmr2

goat68 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:46 pm
kerza wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:20 pm
goat68 wrote:
Not always, although my issue with pictures is it influencing me the wrong way if you know what I mean? Since i know nothing about horses... Obviously running loose things are obvious...
The live pictures are a must IMO but like you mentioned you have to be careful in letting them influence you in the wrong way. Treat it like a secondary indicator if something more extreme is going on but always stick to the plan and focus on the ladders

Many times I have been caught out jumping on something like a horse slightly playing up, the pundits commenting negatively only for the horse to be backed heavily. I got especially burned a couple of days ago when they mentioned one of the Jockeys has just been given a 3 day ban and is emotional and riled up, however the money piled in
goat68

A reasonably good day, just trying to apply all the bits i've learned, and control myself! Only 5 losses in 23 markets.
Just 2 "blips", both due to massive "layers", I think I need to accept about 1 in 10 markets I trade I will get "blips" due to something out of the norm, it is then my task to control "myself" to not overreact, which I managed today (just!).
All in all a good day, with a reasonable profit £32.
TodayPL.jpg
The Silk Run

Loox GOOD darling ...
smallplayer

Very nice goat..well done
goat68

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:46 pm
Loox GOOD darling ...
Thanks Sweety!
eightbo

goat68 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:32 pm
A reasonably good day, just trying to apply all the bits i've learned, and control myself! Only 5 losses in 23 markets.
Just 2 "blips", both due to massive "layers", I think I need to accept about 1 in 10 markets I trade I will get "blips" due to something out of the norm, it is then my task to control "myself" to not overreact, which I managed today (just!).
All in all a good day, with a reasonable profit £32.
TodayPL.jpg
Well done. I like to remind myself when something spikes against me that on a different day that goes in my favour to appease any feelings that arise.

If you catch yourself overreacting or feeling like you want to (better), make sure you have defined a set of action(s) you will take ahead of time to keep you out of trouble if you ever start to notice the feelings coming on. Interruption is the goal. Use those urges to overreact as a tool to prevent/exit any downward spiralsGood short video on it here:

Best of luck going forward, seems like you are going the right way putting the hours in the markets and reflecting a bit out of hours too
Last edited by eightbo on Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kai

Euler wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:44 pm
I've completely lost track of what is happening on the thread now. It was a sort of Goat supportive idea thread, but seems to have gone off track?
Just a bit of volatility in the thread :) It does revert to mean eventually, and Goaty is apparently getting used to it as well. Good stuff.
Maturin

Good stuff Goat. Was that fifty quid stakes again?
goat68

Maturin wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:03 pm
Good stuff Goat. Was that fifty quid stakes again?
It was £50 stakes
CallumPerry

Not pissed off, don't worry. Glad to see everything is back on track. I have glanced over this thread several times but never introduced myself goat68. Nice to meet you!

It seems you have survived the initial honeymoon phase and I hope you do stick around, this thread is very honest and insightful. Keep it green :mrgreen:

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”