Something that doesn't make sense to me

The sport of kings.
Atho55

I was wondering what the strategy might be with placing money away from Best. It happens a lot around that point.
Jukebox

Atho55 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:24 am
I was wondering what the strategy might be with placing money away from Best. It happens a lot around that point.
There are worse strategies than trying to get the same price that the bookie is offering.
LinusP

jimibt wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:06 am
LinusP wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:15 am
It's all about market capacity, the syndicates moving the markets in the last 5 minutes aren't watching, their predictions are based off data. They are playing the numbers game thus want to push as much money through the markets as possible.

2hrs before even 20 minutes before the market can't take anything without the price collapsing, it's not until the last few minutes that it's possible to get matched with large amounts. Of course there ROI is far far higher the morning of or 2hrs before but if they can only get a few hundred matched then there is no point, its better to wait and take a lower ROI but a much higher profit (long term)
Liam - is there a fingerprint that can be observed in this activity, thus allowing for piggybacking on the wisdom of the syndicates??
Some are just time based, if seconds to start = x, however a lot are constantly experimenting to reduce their impact with random starts / amounts / taking vs being passive / waiting for opportunities so it can be tricky to try and put into a strategy. When I see videos of manual traders such as Peter its obvious they can subconsciously see this trading flow happening and ignore the noise.
jimibt

LinusP wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:53 am
jimibt wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:06 am
LinusP wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:15 am
It's all about market capacity, the syndicates moving the markets in the last 5 minutes aren't watching, their predictions are based off data. They are playing the numbers game thus want to push as much money through the markets as possible.

2hrs before even 20 minutes before the market can't take anything without the price collapsing, it's not until the last few minutes that it's possible to get matched with large amounts. Of course there ROI is far far higher the morning of or 2hrs before but if they can only get a few hundred matched then there is no point, its better to wait and take a lower ROI but a much higher profit (long term)
Liam - is there a fingerprint that can be observed in this activity, thus allowing for piggybacking on the wisdom of the syndicates??
Some are just time based, if seconds to start = x, however a lot are constantly experimenting to reduce their impact with random starts / amounts / taking vs being passive / waiting for opportunities so it can be tricky to try and put into a strategy. When I see videos of manual traders such as Peter its obvious they can subconsciously see this trading flow happening and ignore the noise.
yeah, i guess trying to stand on their shoulders will by virtue mean that you are potentially always taking prices on offer, rather than knowing thro research if there's value on offer.
jamesedwards

Atho55 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:11 am
I would be interested to hear opinions on the logic behind lump sat at Best-7 Back

Best-7£.jpg
I do this sometimes when I want to take SP. I whack the price out 10 clicks or so vs current position then set to take SP. That way I might catch a decent value drift but most likely I expect to get SP. Could be other people doing this.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”