Race not suspended...the fun will begin

The sport of kings.
JollyGreen

Betfair didn't suspend the 15:45 at Pontefract and it also didn't turn in play :?

I was not trading pre-race but the last time this happened it cost me a few hundred quid :evil:
Bluffcity

What on earth happened here????

I thought it must be a stewards enquiry? was it just a BF cock up again?
Bluffcity

Betfairs comment -

Please be aware that the off of the 15:45 Pontefract was missed. The market was never placed in-play and the following Rules and Regulations apply:

If a market is scheduled to be turned in-play but Betfair does not suspend the market at the time of the ‘off’ and the market is not turned in-play at any time during the event, all bets matched after the scheduled time of the ‘off’ will be void (in the case of horseracing and greyhound racing, bets will be void from the official rather than the scheduled ‘off’ time).

The BSP on the win and place markets will be manually reconciled.

We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Nightmare situation if you have taken a position in running - not that I ever do that :oops:
JollyGreen

Food for thought don't you think?

This is the worrying statement

The BSP on the win and place markets will be manually reconciled.

So the BBC will be hard at work... :shock:
to75ne

got caught in similar circumstances years ago, so these days i am out at the offical off time; my Sympathies to anyone who got stung, i know how it feels. but what if a meeting is delayed by 10 mins? what would betfair deem to be the offical off, the advertised time or the rescheduled time. never considered that before. does anyone know?
JollyGreen

They make it up..period!

The last time I was stung it was at Market Rasen...the BBC off time was weird, it felt like they just plucked a time from the air...it didn't correspond either when I checked the list of my trades.

I tried to argue my case with times and facts but it was a waste of time, Betfair always win!
Squirtle

I've had the same thing happen to me. Watched the race, exited all trades. Races goes off but Betfair forget to suspend. When they resettle the off time is mysteriously before by trade was exited. I complained like hell but they just told me to f-off. I was there I saw the off, I know I was out. I had all the data to prove it as well.
TraderGray

Waste of time arguing
JollyGreen wrote:Betfair always win!
:x :x :x
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

They have done it again! Leopardstown 18:30!
andyfuller

It wasn't their fault - it was the kettles, it took longer to boil than expected so weren't back at their desk in time.

So what rule will the random predictor come up with this time?
Squirtle

I was green but waiting to exit the fav at SP. Bet you it they cancel that and leave me with a week ruining negative. I am sure they will settle in a manner that just generates the biggest comission. If they voided the race it would be fairer to everybody and punish them for their incompentance.
Squirtle

The have settled as though there wasn't a problem. Suits me but still not fair to others I guess?
andyfuller

That was in the rules, rule 1.23.5.6.48.920.2 I think.

Which states:

'If we forget to turn a race inplay on the second thursday of a month but then mid race decide to turn it inplay meaning those who did not want bets being matched that left them in good faith that at the off they would be cancelled, would be screwed and it suits us we will just settle it as if nothing happened. Then it is standard operating procedure to open another bottle of Premium Charge Champagne and toast the fact we have a monopoly and they will all just come back the next race despite moaning and losing money'
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

:lol: I guess they did turn this race in play, just way too late.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

14:10 not turned inplay, that's going to cause a few problems. Not Betfair's fault as the stalls got stuck but three horses pulled and nobody given the chance to do anything about it.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”