Weather / Abandoned meetings etc.

The sport of kings.
jimrobo

Lingfield abandoned today leaving only wolves
Euler

I'm pretty sure this is the worst week I have seen for abandoned racing, since I started on Betfair.
rhysmr2

Another day off for me then :( I've never seen snow like this in my life, All the cars are stuck on my close, no bin man, a gritter came down the road and got stuck for 20 mins and it did nothing! the postman came round with snow chains on!

I've not made a penny this week and after last weeks loss it's a little worrying but I'm sure I'll battle through!
Alpha322

Euler wrote:I'm pretty sure this is the worst week I have seen for abandoned racing, since I started on Betfair.
This is mild last year was worse my Xmas betfair box was low :mrgreen:
jimrobo

rhysmr2 wrote:Another day off for me then :( I've never seen snow like this in my life, All the cars are stuck on my close, no bin man, a gritter came down the road and got stuck for 20 mins and it did nothing! the postman came round with snow chains on!

I've not made a penny this week and after last weeks loss it's a little worrying but I'm sure I'll battle through!
Its strange because its just not that bad in manchester! It is freezing but not too much snow. Bit gutted really as I would rather we have a bucket load and at least I could take my snowboard to the park and enjoy it!
Zenyatta

What the f**k is up with the weather over there in the UK? All this year I had to 'take my licks' as an apprentice trader, and finally towards the end, just when I was finally 'getting it', the UK markets turn to custard on me! :x

I will just have to save my money, regrouping for next year. I presume that December and January are the worst months, and can I reasonablly expect a return to normalcy by February?
sweetybt

Zenyatta wrote: can I reasonablly expect a return to normalcy by February?
Yeah February is lovely. Really quite tropical.

Anyway I heard OZ is getting some flash floods. Although not in Adelaide :mrgreen:
hgodden

Its not normally this bad, certainly not all winter! Hang in there, more racing will return soon anyway - certainly you don't want to have a few months off (if thats what you're saying Zenyatta) or you run the risk of losing a lot of the progress you've made when you start back again :)
rhysmr2

I normally do ok over the winter months, from what I've traded this week I've found the markets impossible, I can't seem to get any profit at all, just losses. I'm about £150 down for the week.

Not a chance of pulling it back today since I'm £50 down already, so I'm in for my 5th losing week of the year!

I'm not sure why I'm finding it so hard, looking at last year's results even when there was loads of meetings abandoned I was still doing well.
Euler

There is much less underlying betting activity on the weaker races this year. I think that is translating in the trading conditions. Wether that reflects less interest in the races or Betfair's ability to gain those customers is an open question.
Euler

Racing post summary of the state of play this week: -

http://www.racingpost.com/horses/home.sd?story=792749
bilko

Sthl off
jimrobo

hmmmm CoD black ops it is then!
PeterLe

jimrobo wrote:hmmmm CoD black ops it is then!
ha ha! Its a hard life; but someone has to do it!!
jimrobo

in all fairness I have been really sick all week so if I was working in an office I would have been off anyway! But as a pro trader sick days = normal day trading otherwise you make nothing!

Return to “Trading Horse racing”