Today's racing - Excel spreadsheet

The sport of kings.
xdg99667

Hi all,

blimy my first post on here ;)

I had put together an excel sheet that i use to give me a bit more info. essentilly click the button and it will go out onto the big bad and get a list of races, distance, type, classs, number of runners and odds of the first two runners

I find it saves me a bit of legwork each day - so if it will be of use to you....

comments / feedback would be very useful to me also

i've found that its best to log on to oddschecker with IE and set odds to decimal just for my preference.

I have uploaded it in a rarfile (2003 version) but please shout if it doesn't work for you

Thanks, Gary
Todays Racing (2003).xls
Todays Racing (2003).rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtrend

This looks useful, is there a way you can modify it to get the going for each race aswell ??
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We have edited the title of this thread and attached an uncompressed version of this useful spreadsheet. Hopefully that should get it the attention it deserves.
PeterLe

Gary
Nice piece of work; thanks for sharing it...
regards
Peter
xdg99667

Hi again

oddschecker have changed the layout to their site, therefore i have updated mine, also there is a conversion to get theo dds from fractional to decimal.

let me know if you have any troubles with it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xdg99667

mtrend, just seen that - in theory :) - in practise i cant get at the html source from sporting life - winhttprequest just isnt working on that one so its on the drawing board!
chris_ri

Gary,

Thanks for posting update, I use your spreadsheet each day and it had started locking up Excel (I presume since the oddschecker change), all works well now.

Cheers,

Chris
Frosy

OK, I'm editing this post as I see how it works.

I originally uploaded it online and the update button didn't work.

The info look great, thanks!!
Dave
Last edited by Frosy on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
fox13wfd

Hi,

This spreadsheet looks great!

When I load it up in Excel it only shows yesterdays fields. I have enabled Macros and clicked update but then Excel just freezes?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Greg
xdg99667

fox13wfd wrote:When I load it up in Excel it only shows yesterdays fields. I have enabled Macros and clicked update but then Excel just freezes?
Hi Greg,

Can I ask you do do the following

when you have open the sheet, clicked update and it appears to freeze, can you hold down "Ctrl" and then press "Break" on the keyboard, a message box will appear asking if you want to debug, if you select "debug" it will pop open another screen and a line will be highlighted in yellow.

Can you tell me what that line says please? - we can have a look where its falling over and hopefully diagnose whats hapeening for you.

Cheers mate, Gary
xdg99667

chris_ri wrote:Thanks for posting update, I use your spreadsheet each day and it had started locking up Excel (I presume since the oddschecker change), all works well now.
Hi Chris glad to know its being used - is there anything else you'd want on there if i can?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

I have updated the header for you, good work.
BBB123

Hi Gary,

I'm also getting yesterdays cards & after I update it gives me the following in yellow on debug;

.WebFormatting = xlWebFormattingNone

I'm probably doing something wrong?

Can you help?

Ben
xdg99667

BBB123 wrote:I'm also getting yesterdays cards & after I update it gives me the following in yellow on debug;
Thanks Ben, can you just confirm what version of excel you are running - dont think it that but just want to make sure, I'll have a think :)
BBB123

hi Gary,
I'm using Excel 97 so that might be a problem? :roll:

thanks for your help

Ben

Return to “Trading Horse racing”