No votes
€5000
No votes
€10000+
No votes

Total votes: 11
bozzyy

hi everyone,

im totally new to the world of trading and have been doing my research across the net and beyond but still would like to ask a question or two for confirmation what i have taken in as gospel.

GREENING UP- i understand swing trading and on click force reverse and all but when you capture a profit during a trade and want to end to secure your profit am i right in saying when you green up lets say in a horse race with 13 horses the profit you made will be divided between the 13 so you win win whatever the result but for a small percentage?ie profit €13 when greened up with 13 horse profit now €1?also in the same instance if you dont green up you will require the same horse you made profit on to go and win the race to claim maximine gain or else if he loses no profit or loss has accured?also out of a sake of interest i want to run a poll regarding the max stake that a trader has put on during a race non in play but pre race and also done on more than one time.i ask so i can judge how different traders use betangel and betfair and also to enable me to set goals and standards..

thanks guys
Finoh

You divide the potential profit on one horse by the current lay odds.

For Example Horse A is green for $13 and current lay price is
2.00 then the greened up amount is 13/2.00 = $6.50 gross profit no matter who wins. Confusing isn't it?

Don't get caught up on what amount everyone else is trading just make sure you get a real good grasp of the basics.

Cheers

Finoh
bozzyy

oh im glad the question i asked i didnt take as gospel thanks alot for explaining it to me it makes alot of sense.i just put the poll up just to have an idea but its not important.thanks man
LeTiss

I agree with Finoh

If you're new to trading, you need to stake amounts that you're comfortable losing, because initially you'll make mistakes, just like all of us have.

Once patterns start emerging and you gain confidence, start increasing your stakes accordingly
bozzyy

thanks le tiss ,even tho you can read so much and what videos of the trading world some questions like this can really make you learn alot faster.if any of guys have blogs i would love to read them as i have read so many already but someone new to read would be great,

thanks

Return to “Trading Horse racing”