Betfair chart / Betfair graph of the day

The sport of kings.
JOIZZY

Hi , i have checked these graphs against the price movements on the Sportinglife betting shows and they " more or less " correspond to the movements of the course prices but not of course the actual prices ( betfair value ? )
It begs the question of who controls the market - the traders or the bookies - who is deciding / moving first ?
I was thinking , if i was betting on the BF site as a punter or by mobile phone , i would continuously be missing the prices as no sooner have you typed in 5.00 it`s gone out to 6.00 or whatever so it can`t be the average punter.
Any thoughts ?
Euler

In the old days it was the bookies, but not they all look to the machine so they don't get caught out.
Euler

Early candidate for today
121003 - Woodstock_6718197 - Big steamer.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Trade of the day and it won!
121004 - Yeomanoftheguard_5630044.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
switesh

8:10 Bids 5 Studio Software From MRG Median Auction Maiden Stakes at Wolverhampton.

'Yeomanoftheguard' ran lose from the stall and delayed the start by 7 mins, but it's odds began drifting 4 mins pre-off and kept going. I must have been snoozing - missed it completely.

I was watching the charts and layed Syncopate when I thought a reversal might be in order, however it kept steaming - totally crushed me.

If anyone cares to give lessons in Observational Skills please let me know - you'll have one hopless but dedicated student. :)
Euler

Nothing of note for me pre-off today, but this was a cracker in-running. Big priced SP and in-running winner.
121005 - About tyne - 1000 winner.png
switesh

'All In A Days Work' in the 6:10 at Freshford Handicap Hurdle (80-102) at Gowran Park.

This has gotta be the Mother of all spikes. I placed a speculative lay at 3.5 (remained unmatched) and what should happen a few seconds later - Spike of 5 Grand shoots the price out.

Where are you Lady Luck? Please hang out with me sometimes :)
switesh

'Dark Pulse' in the Irish Stallion Farms E.B.F. Auction Maiden at Dundalk at 6:30.

This chart was capture 7 mins pre-off. Just thought it looked funny.
Euler

Missed that one at Dundalk, was playing the piano and forgot to come back to the screen.

If you want to catch wild spikes, set up automation to place bets outside the current price automatically throughout the day. Just get it running on a secondary account on a slow refresh or your main account and let it run through the card each day.
Dublin_Flyer

Query on the Dark Pulse graph, I see there is absolute minor liquidity in most Irish meetings early morning, maybe 140-190% overround where UK meetings are generally 105-110% circa 10/11am. That's probably irrelevant but just curious does anyone have a theory for the big spikes and drops? I'm thinking bookies laying off large bets so the WOM shifts and bots catch it, then it evens until the next one is laid.
Other query, is there any way to see a timescale on the volume v price graphs with time on the X side.

Also, Peter, if you're a piano man, have a look at vkgoeswild and scovismusic on youtube, rock tunes done on a piano, legendary stuff!!
switesh

was playing the piano
Didn't know you played the piano.

Would love to hear you play my favorite piano concerto - the Andante (second movement) from Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 21 in C major. :) :)
switesh

'Puteri Nur Laila' in the 6:20 at Wolverhampton.

Chart captured 6 mins pre-off.

Some strange moves and you'd think it would be easy if I placed trades in between the peaks and troughs I would've walked off with some effortless profits (easy to say so in retrospect) - but me being me stuffed it up completely.

And it drifted out to 6 at official off and came back to 5 at actual off.

Therefore in retrospect all I did was make a deliberate loss.
Euler

I was having something to eat so didn't see that one, an odd one.

From a pure trading perspective this was my favourite from today. Caught it right at the bottom.
121006 -Birdlover_6596580.png
Euler

Chart of the year, one of the biggest steamers I have ever seen.
121007 - Massive steamer - Tipp - Wins - Top.png
Melsey

That was an unbelievable steam... kept being backed with 2k stakes. Then inplay it drifted out above 10.0 I think before crashing back in to win... someone definitely had
a good idea what was going on with that horse...!

Return to “Trading Horse racing”