Betfair chart / Betfair graph of the day

The sport of kings.
switesh

was playing the piano
Didn't know you played the piano.

Would love to hear you play my favorite piano concerto - the Andante (second movement) from Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 21 in C major. :) :)
switesh

'Puteri Nur Laila' in the 6:20 at Wolverhampton.

Chart captured 6 mins pre-off.

Some strange moves and you'd think it would be easy if I placed trades in between the peaks and troughs I would've walked off with some effortless profits (easy to say so in retrospect) - but me being me stuffed it up completely.

And it drifted out to 6 at official off and came back to 5 at actual off.

Therefore in retrospect all I did was make a deliberate loss.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

I was having something to eat so didn't see that one, an odd one.

From a pure trading perspective this was my favourite from today. Caught it right at the bottom.
121006 -Birdlover_6596580.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Chart of the year, one of the biggest steamers I have ever seen.
121007 - Massive steamer - Tipp - Wins - Top.png
Melsey

That was an unbelievable steam... kept being backed with 2k stakes. Then inplay it drifted out above 10.0 I think before crashing back in to win... someone definitely had
a good idea what was going on with that horse...!
gutuami

I backed it at around 8 for a small stake. I watched the race and it was forth and fifth up till the last few furlongs when the turbo mode switched on.
viper.trader

You lot just cant handle the hoof.
switesh

'Dick Bos' in the 4:20 at Windsor

Was trading at 3.5 five mins pre-off and then made one big return trip from 4.5 to actual off.

Also, there were a couple of gambles spread out in various races that came in from 20's earlier in the day to end up at 4's and never looked like they were going to reverse at any point.
switesh

'Goldmadchen & Kings Road' in the 5 at Wolverhampton.

Here's an example of the gambles I was talking about earlier.

Been one heck of a day so far. Big movers but always leaves a doubt whether to follow the gambles or not?
Euler

You need to fix your focus on a particular entry point, if you don't see it just don't do anything. In the case of these gambles you have a few options which don't necessarily mean following the gambles themselves.

It's often really hard to second guess the market so don't do it. Wait for an entry point, look for confirmation of that entry point then open the trade.

In this case you could have traded either and seen confirmation from the other that it wasn't going to reverse.
switesh

'Prospera' in the 15:10 at Leicester

Chart captured at official off.

I know this doesn't quite look like a chart of the day stuff, but I was wondering if this looks like price manipulation, or is it normal for price to stick at Crossovers (in which case I might have mis-read it or drawn the wrong conclusion).
Euler

Almost certain I would think.
hgodden

That one was just being held. Unless there is an equal amount of activity on both the back and lay sides or someone is manipulating then a price wont stick too long or it will just cause someone(s) to have more liability than they would want
Euler

Never likely to run, but this was a fun ride.
121009 - 1510 - Arte Del Calcio_5739929.png
switesh

Buxom in the 3:50 at Towcester.

Good moves in pre-off and dramatic race too. Buxom had a few close calls

Return to “Trading Horse racing”