Adrian massey ( Maria Laying System)

The sport of kings.
giulio2010

Warning: Adrian Massey ..... A few years ago this horse expert pretending to be a woman from Latvia and issued a laying system with a 85% striking rate ... The system was called the Maria laying System .. This maria claimed to be an expert in UK horse racing thanks to her father ....In any case, this maria was really an expert on horses and seriously had a 85% striking rate ... The only problem was that Maria was placing lay bets hours before each race but, her choices were published a bit later.So if she captured a 3.85 laying bet the followers had to be happy to take 4.0 up to 6.0 ... I'm telling you this story cause there's a rumor around (I heard it in Italy) that he is doing it again ...I just don't know the link and how this time he showing him self so I just wanted to warn you to monitor some remarkable drifts as they could be happening quite often if the story is true...
freddy

Thats The thing with Maria's laying system she nearly always got the best prices to lay ;) .

later on im sure what you said helped that fact.
but the drifts happened right from the start when she was unproven and before anyone was even following her ;) .

imo what she did was to right down all the early prices and then post a horse for each race that had drifted the most.

ie the drift had already happened before she posted insuring she was always close or under to s.p.

I just laid west end lad at 6.0 by the way :lol:
freddy

I Still see alot of threads about her magical staking system on alot of forums too :lol: .

that was another smoke screen that diverted most people attention from the facts :)
giulio2010

Hi freddy, do you know that Maria was Adrian Massey?
What's the odds of woman called Maria from Latvia having so much aknoledge and insde infos about British racing? Some1 close to me told me She was Adrian Massey and his striking rate was real NO FAKE...As said he was the only one to have an edge as he took very early prices...I have been told he is doing it again...
Iron

giulio2010 wrote:Warning: Adrian Massey ..... A few years ago this horse expert pretending to be a woman from Latvia and issued a laying system with a 85% striking rate ...
How do you know Adrian pretended to be anyone? It this not just gossip dressed up as fact? Is it not like someone saying that you are really Stef? :lol:

Anyway, Adrian Massey is on this forum, so hopefully he will set the record straight.

Jeff
freddy

I have no idea if Maria is a real person or not .
but i didn't believe the results at the time and i still don't now .

It's a chicken and egg situation here,
You think she had amazing knowledge and got low price's through pure skill and then the horses drifted because people followed her selections.
(yes this happened toward the end which im sure was a huge help to her).

But I think certainly at the beginning she posted the odds she claimed to have got AFTER the horse had already drifted, as i did with my earlier example West end lad at 6.0 who went off at about 15 btw ;) .

She could be a betting genius yes,
but the thread is not that special and no proof of anything as i or anyone else could recreate it quite easily, as shown with the above example.

and for the record no i can not make a profit laying horse ive tried :D
Last edited by freddy on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gormless

I suggest giulio pay a visit to mariasracingforum.com. It doesn't take long to realise that Maria is a very real person. Her English is in a class apart for a non-native speaker and some of her posts on odds are must reads.
paspuggie48

Interesting to read these comments, takes me back a fair few years.

In the early noughties, I had a few emails from AM and he seemed a thoroughly good bloke, was well into his Marathons and charities (indeed I even made some donations myself).

My little claim to fame was in the Forum he had (not sure if it's still accessible?)

Well...there was a lot of talk about his ratings, from 1* to 5*. In the early days of Betfair when we all realised we could now lay a horse to lose I noticed his 5* Selections were losing too. So I started a thread about laying the 5* selections. I posted each selection, each day for months. It certainly raised a few eyebrows with the avid followers stating things like "how dare you go against AM's 5* selections??".

Alas it proved over time that they indeed lost more than they won. I can't remember the figures per se but I'm sur it was over 100 points in a few months.

So, is this where the Maria's System all started? To note too, he never does the star ratings anymore ;)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”