Cherry picking races

The sport of kings.
GPalmer

Hi all,

Yet another question.

Do you cherry pick your races or change your style of trading dependant on the class of race?

It seems to me that the lower class the race the more eratic the price movement. So, aregueably although the lower class races could be more lucrative if able to catch the swing, the higher class races would be safer - less movement and much less market depth. Probably best for skalping.

Or do you (using the new Guardian) just pull in all todays races disregarding what class they are?

I greatly appreciate peoples thoughts and posts. Maybe sometime in the future I'll be able to answer quesitons rather than keeping asking em :roll:

Good luck with your trading.

Graham
TraderGray

HI Graham

I don’t tend to “cherry pick” so much, more adjust my strategy as and when it requires. I’m not a great user of the Guardian option but may well use it more when I’ve downloaded the new version.

I am, by far, no professional trader but yes, different races types, number of runners, race values and favourites odds all require differing strategies or at least variations on a theme.

Couple all that with a personal trading style can give different strategies as well, though, again variations on a theme.

Trying to master all of this in one go is a bit of an arduous task but practice helps and eventually makes perfect (well hopefully).

Cheers

Andy
TheRiddler

Having some knowledge of the market you are trading can only be a bonus from my experience. If you were to concentrate for example on a certain type of race or a certain type of horse you will hopefully have a greater insight in what you are trading were as the casual trader will not have a clue. They will follow momentum but you will have made your positions early waiting for them all to leap in.

Don't forget to trade BETDAQ as well as betfair.
PaddyOdoors

TheRiddler, proudly bought to you by BETDAQ
TheRiddler

Yep that's right. I'll tell you what though, I think I'm heading for a uphill battle.

Oh! By the way did I mention that it is important that we all trade Betdaq as well as betunfair?

Return to “Trading Horse racing”