Today's Racing

The sport of kings.
Post Reply
User avatar
Naffman
Posts: 1961
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:46 am

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:30 pm

Halliday will always find a reason to make your point invalid, seems to pop up out of nowhere :roll:

Trading96
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:47 pm

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:39 pm

Halliday wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:07 pm
Trading96 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:58 pm
Halliday wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:39 pm

Doesn't take much money to shorten horses at Dundalk .. and wouldn't class this instance as a "gamble "
Very well handicapped horse on its English form.Horses from Johnny Levins yard are often well backed .. remember the infamous 6 are Dundalk last year ?

"Trainer Johnny Levins has spoken of the "horrible" predicament in which he found himself after a misplaced gamble on six of his horses developed before Wednesday night's Dundalk meet.
Palavacini Run, Deeds Not Words, Bective, Rateel, Sixtyfiveroses and Havelock Ellis were all slashed in price on Tuesday night. The best any of them could manage was a third-place finish and all six were marked drifters on the betting exchanges before the off."

Nuff said !!
Maybe it's just semantics but a horse that shortens that much is a gamble in my book. Regardless of whether it's yard driven.
Probably neither.. suspect it was off course bookmakers money .. and tens of pounds rather than hundreds .. certainly wouldn't have been on course money . Nobody goes to Dundalk on a Wednesday night !!
yeah i edited it because I thought it would be misinterpreted I meant regardless of the course as in regardless of whether it is at Dundalk or at Ascot ie quality of the race and interest in the betting. It was two seperate points.
Last edited by Trading96 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Halliday
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:40 pm

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:40 pm

Naffman wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:30 pm
Halliday will always find a reason to make your point invalid, seems to pop up out of nowhere :roll:
Wasn't making anyone's point invalid , always very positive about horse racing threads .. suggest you look at the the Toast of New York thread .. enjoy the video and the song . And chill !!

Enjoy your trading !!

User avatar
Crazyskier
Posts: 379
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:36 pm

Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:25 pm

Halliday wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:39 pm
Trading96 wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:22 pm
Lost

Gamble probably because it was up in trip and ran in shorter races to get mark down.
Doesn't take much money to shorten horses at Dundalk .. and wouldn't class this instance as a "gamble "
Very well handicapped horse on its English form.Horses from Johnny Levins yard are often well backed .. remember the infamous 6 are Dundalk last year ?

"Trainer Johnny Levins has spoken of the "horrible" predicament in which he found himself after a misplaced gamble on six of his horses developed before Wednesday night's Dundalk meet.
Palavacini Run, Deeds Not Words, Bective, Rateel, Sixtyfiveroses and Havelock Ellis were all slashed in price on Tuesday night. The best any of them could manage was a third-place finish and all six were marked drifters on the betting exchanges before the off."

Nuff said !!
Sbraase was in my view indeed a 'huge gamble'. It was relentless from around 15s to below 4s before the off! And there were many many thousands of pounds influencing the price. It was like a steam train... If only this occurred more frequently, I'd try my hand at manually trading more... :lol:

CS

User avatar
SeaHorseRacing
Posts: 1735
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 7:06 pm

Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:58 pm

Ive got a winner. This is a tip from a good source. Very confident about its chances. Keep eye on the gamble. 8.00 Ceyhan around 6/1 currently.

User avatar
ShaunWhite
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:42 am

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:04 pm

...answered my own question
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ShaunWhite
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:42 am

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:12 pm

I've found this week a bit ...bleeh so far.
How y'all doing?

spreadbetting
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:06 pm

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:13 pm

Naffman wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:30 pm
Halliday will always find a reason to make your point invalid, seems to pop up out of nowhere :roll:
Lol, I did find that funny :)

wilf
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:34 pm

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:43 pm

Wow well done to the jockey on Robin Des Mana in the 14:35 there. Did anyone see it? £76 traded at 390 and won.

Derek27
Posts: 397
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:11 pm

Had a miserable session in the UK but now running on nicotine again and Meydans trading very well. Lots of easy swings.
Moosir, 16-15 Meydan.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests