Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
SeaHorseRacing

Back in the winner's enclosure tonight's boys and girls.

Mentioned this trainer a few times on this forum before and someone I have been following closely for some time, All his horses are in my tracker so says it all.

Richard Guests runnerAmazing Grazing tonight 6.15 Wolverhampton, the gamble could well go down here and hes thought and placed this horse in this race I would suspect since the 13 January on its last win. Long term plan, his last race is simply his little prep to make sure there on at a decent price.

Dont be fooled by the shocking performance last time, the trainer does what he's been doing for years and years.

His last two with this profile did the business, let's hope sods law is not the case today. Currently, 7.8 and I have it as joint-favourite with Amber Fort around a 3/1 shot.

Expecting an aggressive finish from the Jockey. Bless the horse, if hes not a few lengths clear around 1f marker he will be getting a few whacks this evening.

:mrgreen:
SeaHorseRacing

I live less than an hour from Cheltenham.

Can certainly see this being postponed over the next 7 days.
screenshot-www.bbc.co.uk-2018.02.25-11-54-28.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Doesn't look too bad to me.

If I were a bookie I would offer 9/4 a single day being abandoned, 14/1 the entire meeting begin abandoned.

Would anyone go higher?
Halliday

Best of luck to one of my favourite horses .. Lil Rockerfeller who runs in the National Spirit at Fontwell

He's hard work but always runs his heart out.. so fingers crossed !!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Halliday

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:33 pm

If I were a bookie I would offer 9/4 a single day being abandoned, 14/1 the entire meeting begin abandoned.

Would anyone go higher?
Ladbrokes were offering 16/1 that any day would be abandoned according to article written two days ago. So no need to worry just yet.

"It has been forty years since a day of the Cheltenham Festival was snowed off and with a prolonged cold snap threatening this year’s action; Ladbrokes make it 16/1 that any day is abandoned due to weather.

In 1937, Cheltenham week abandoned due to snow before in 1978 the Gold Cup is abandoned because of snow and was run in April instead. You then had to go to 2008 for next postponement when day two of the Festival cancelled due to high winds with all Wednesday races moving to the Thursday and Friday.

The firm has also opened betting on the official going for the first race of the festival, making good to soft the 1/5 favourite. Soft is 9/2, Good is 8/1, while Heavy is 33/1.

Nicola McGeady of Ladbrokes: “2008 was the last time a day of the Cheltenham Festival was abandoned due to weather. However that was more of a health and safety issue due as a result of high winds.

“The last time a day of the Festival was called off due to the weather making the course unraceable was in 1978 when Gold Cup Day was snowed off.

“Forty years on another weather threat looms, but at 16/1 we are not panicking yet.”
SeaHorseRacing

The current weather pattern on the way for the beginning of March according to Metrologist is 1 in 20 years event. 80 years since snow abandonment. So happened to say once in 4 possible chances. I make that a 3/1 chance for the abandonment of snow. Whole host of possibilities to add on but blizzards forecast here on Friday. Stays in the ground just for a week, they will move the dates for sure.

Where is this 16/1 offered? Might have some.

Anyway this type of bet, I can guarantee the terms make it simply un bettable. Most likely a clause that any earlier postponement will be a losing bet and likely only abandonment on the day. Which at 16/1 is not value and wish I could lay it.
Halliday

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:19 pm
The current weather pattern on the way for the beginning of March according to Metrologist is 1 in 20 years event. 80 years since snow abandonment. So happened to say once in 4 possible chances. I make that a 3/1 chance for the abandonment of snow. Whole host of possibilities to add on but blizzards forecast here on Friday. Stays in the ground just for a week, they will move the dates for sure.

Where is this 16/1 offered? Might have some.

Anyway this type of bet, I can guarantee the terms make it simply un bettable. Most likely a clause that any earlier postponement will be a losing bet and likely only abandonment on the day. Which at 16/1 is not value and wish I could lay it.

Ladbrokes offering the 16/1 ...

https://m.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/#!/race_d ... 6/specials
Derek27

Halliday wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:07 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Would anyone go higher?
Ladbrokes were offering 16/1 that any day would be abandoned according to article written two days ago. So no need to worry just yet.

"It has been forty years since a day of the Cheltenham Festival was snowed off and with a prolonged cold snap threatening this year’s action; Ladbrokes make it 16/1 that any day is abandoned due to weather.

In 1937, Cheltenham week abandoned due to snow before in 1978 the Gold Cup is abandoned because of snow and was run in April instead. You then had to go to 2008 for next postponement when day two of the Festival cancelled due to high winds with all Wednesday races moving to the Thursday and Friday.

The firm has also opened betting on the official going for the first race of the festival, making good to soft the 1/5 favourite. Soft is 9/2, Good is 8/1, while Heavy is 33/1.

Nicola McGeady of Ladbrokes: “2008 was the last time a day of the Cheltenham Festival was abandoned due to weather. However that was more of a health and safety issue due as a result of high winds.

“The last time a day of the Festival was called off due to the weather making the course unraceable was in 1978 when Gold Cup Day was snowed off.

“Forty years on another weather threat looms, but at 16/1 we are not panicking yet.”
I don't bet on the weather, as you can tell from the odds I offered, but 16-1 sounds quite generous! It's not snow that I'm worrying about, but a killer frost.
Halliday

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:26 pm
Halliday wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:07 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Would anyone go higher?

I don't bet on the weather, as you can tell from the odds I offered, but 16-1 sounds quite generous! It's not snow that I'm worrying about, but a killer frost.

I think all will be well, and the clerk of the course seems unconcerned at the moment , pointing out the unpredictability of predicting the weather more than a few days ahead .
Derek27

Tempted to insure myself with Ladbrokes at 16/1. The Cheltenham festival is one of the few meetings where it's (almost) a forgone conclusion that I'll make a decent profit. :D
SeaHorseRacing

Dont place that bet guys, trust me on this. They won't pay you on a technicality.

Tried to look at the terms on offer.

Its very obvious they wont wait until the day. If there is massive snow cover next weekend there probably precautionary push it back, in which Ladbrokes wont pay the bet.

Remember William Hill, Guy staked £100 on Rangers to be relegated, they refused to pay because of "liquidation". Guy lost in court.

Its un-winable bet IMO. Only way to win on that bet is if come Tuesday 13th, everything set to go and all of sudden abandoned. Or at a push the night before, rescheduling won't cover that bet. Pretty certain.

This is how the bookies work, very misleading bet.

Its say "any day abandoned"

In the separate going market below, notice how it uses "abandoned or postponed"

The only possible way to get abandonment will be high winds stronger on the day then they forecast or some other "serious" incident. Cheltenham can only be postponed at this moment. These odds should be greater then 100/1.

You wont get paid.
screenshot-m.ladbrokes.com-2018.02.25-21-48-05.png
SeaHorseRacing

The above is also a perfect example of why so many of us are fed up with the bookmaking industry.

Like myself and others here, would most likely love to have a go at that bet and have abit of fun with it, however, they are completely misleading and manipulative and are all set out to dupe you.
weemac

Can't see what they've done wrong here? You can't abandon a meeting which hasn't started, so it's perfectly clear what the bet is. You get paid if a day's racing starts and is then abandoned. A cancellation pre-event is a postponement.

It's not their fault if people don't know the difference, imo.
SeaHorseRacing

weemac wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:44 am
Can't see what they've done wrong here? You can't abandon a meeting which hasn't started, so it's perfectly clear what the bet is. You get paid if a day's racing starts and is then abandoned. A cancellation pre-event is a postponement.

It's not their fault if people don't know the difference, imo.
This market has been added because of the weather and I think it is very misleading. Just my opinion.
Euler

At the request of the BHA, race times delayed by 5 minutes @plumptonraces, new times as follows:
2.05pm
2.35pm
3.05pm
3.40pm
4.10pm
4.45pm
5.15pm

Return to “Trading Horse racing”