Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Derek27

dragontrades wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:32 pm
Still getting caught by fast moves in the markets but overall things are looking better.
Haven't managed to get going so far this year
The pressure will be on in March
Can't wait for March, or the Cheltenham Festival. Dismal month so far.
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:55 pm
dragontrades wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:32 pm
Still getting caught by fast moves in the markets but overall things are looking better.
Haven't managed to get going so far this year
The pressure will be on in March
Can't wait for March, or the Cheltenham Festival. Dismal month so far.
I have a feeling this will be the most volatile Festival ever.
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:48 pm
French racing no longer on BF, not much liquidity but they're still showing that dross South American racing so something must be up...
I do really well on the French group ones but I've never understood why they bother with the day-to-day French racing - hardly anyone bets on them.
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:59 pm
Naffman wrote:
French racing no longer on BF, not much liquidity but they're still showing that dross South American racing so something must be up...
I do really well on the French group ones but I've never understood why they bother with the day-to-day French racing - hardly anyone bets on them.
Thought the day to day stuff might get a bit eventually (just like the South African) but even some of the obscure ones (India) seem to get more liquidity :lol:
SeaHorseRacing

Naffman wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:04 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:59 pm
Naffman wrote:
Thought the day to day stuff might get a bit eventually (just like the South African) but even some of the obscure ones (India) seem to get more liquidity :lol:

Light-hearted joke ok... :lol:

We know the answer, how many South Africans, French are there in the UK compared to Indians? Police officers have a right here to wear a turban rather then the compulsory police hat. I bet the Jockeys over their f**** don't wear their turbans instead of their ridding skull caps?

JUSTSAYING!
SeaHorseRacing

After seeing the forecast of extreme Cold on the way, possible Cheltenham might see some abandonments this year. Unusual cold air set to hit for weeks after this weekend. Happened a few times before, hopefully, they prepare and plan for this in advance.
Derek27

There's nothing they can do to prepare for a foot of snow. :)

I've looked at the monthly forecast. The ridge of high pressure over Scandinavia ushering in cold Siberian air is expected to stay until mid March, around festival time, when milder air from the Atlantic will hopefully take over. We had this situation 3-4 years ago when it stayed until April but the Cheltenham Festival survived with almost the entire course frost-covered, so lets just hope it goes ahead.
billyboyrifle

Really struggled this afternoon with the markets, didnt win, but didnt loose either, managed to grab a notes at Kempton this eve though, much more stable for my liking.
frankob20

Does anyone using betfair video feed? Why bf open video at last few seconds before the off?
Dallas

14:35 was all over the place
ShaunWhite

frankob20 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:01 pm
Does anyone using betfair video feed? Why bf open video at last few seconds before the off?
? BF vid starts 5mins before scheduled off time.
dragontrades

Enjoying Southwell but not much else today.
I don't know why but I love the flat so much more than the jumps
SeaHorseRacing

8.00 Chelmsford.

MARARTHA. Currently 11s on BF.

I have watched the replays back over and over. The horse was a non trier last time out. Certain about that. The two runs before winning and finishing 2nd, not entirely convinced it was asked everything. Been running in considerably stronger races than today, although the runners today look improvers on ratings it's weaker. He's bee 100/3, 13/8, 9/4 and 5/2 on those starts.

My belief today why he's is priced outsider in a 7 runner handicap, is the fact a lot of horses are improvers and have won recently, his previous comments saying he had no extra in last 75 yards. What happened is the Jockey strangled a horse throughout the race, got him in a unfavoured position, asked him to go like a little wimp and gave up 100 yards out.

According to the professionals at the racing post they think he won't stay, His 1st and 2nd a few starts back drew clear of the field.

After assessing all this I have priced him as short as a 6/4 chance, looking at the market they are going 5s the field in a 7 runner race, At least one yard would have fancied their "improving" horse in this race, this gives me considerably more confidence that MARATHA is the one.

Running at Wolver 9.5f for 3 races in a row, they give the horse a shocker, now over 10f on a different surface.

Anyone who fancies this horse, if the money comes for it, I mean really comes I could argue this is an even money shot with betting confidence. Even if goes to 5s, this is a really good bet and I think will just dominate the shit out of this field.

I've had a 100 at 17/2.
gutuami

a 1.01 looser at Meydan 4:15
Dallas

Fun last market to end the day on!

Return to “Trading Horse racing”