Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Korattt

Dallas wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:50 pm
Korattt wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:45 pm
worst course for me Lingfield, unable to read Irish racing these days, nothing for me til Wednesday (hopefully)
Its in my bottom 5
I’ve tried & tried Lingfield countless times, it just behaves completely differently, there must be a reason, completely baffles me, if anyone has any clues how to tackle Lingfield I’m all ears
Wolf1877

Did anyone actually watch that 16:55 at Lingfield? I dont actually watch races live.

With all the weird race delays today (due to abandonments I guess) I went inplay with a back position on Solid Man (inplay doesnt usually phase me) but it just went straight out from around 4.5 to 12 immediately the race went in-play. Did anything weird/unusual happen in the stalls or at the race start?
Naffman

Yes it missed the start by about 6 lengths
Derek27

Korattt wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:56 pm
Dallas wrote:
Korattt wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:45 pm
worst course for me Lingfield, unable to read Irish racing these days, nothing for me til Wednesday (hopefully)
Its in my bottom 5
I’ve tried & tried Lingfield countless times, it just behaves completely differently, there must be a reason, completely baffles me, if anyone has any clues how to tackle Lingfield I’m all ears
It's my third from bottom, but I've done okay today and want to move it up the league table. As they say, there's a strategy for every type of market - even the ones at Lingfield. :)
Wolf1877

Naffman wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:18 pm
Yes it missed the start by about 6 lengths
Cheers, I'll watch it later. Thats a first for me and not a good one but I'm happy to hear there is a rational explanation.
Korattt

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:20 pm
Korattt wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:56 pm
Dallas wrote:

Its in my bottom 5
I’ve tried & tried Lingfield countless times..
It's my third from bottom, but I've done okay today and want to move it up the league table. As they say, there's a strategy for every type of market - even the ones at Lingfield. :)
it seems I’m not in the minority, maybe a video is in the offing focusing on Lingfield
weemac

Where's the best source of info re re-scheduled off times like today's? There was nothing on Lingfield's Twitter feed, and not knowing proved expensive for me in the first race.
Derek27

I heard it announced on AtTheRaces, I don't know if Timeform still have their live feed they had on the old free site.
weemac

Thanks Derek. The BHA really should be announcing news re jockey changes, altered race times etc., but I wouldn't trust them to do anything in an efficient way. They have a non-runners notification web page, but more needs to be done.
SeaHorseRacing

DALAWYNA 8.15 NEWCASTLE.

Winner winner chicken dinner!! Top of its price now will only get shorter. The current price of 5.8
gstar1975

Wetherby 4.10 is a 4 runner race, originally an 8 runner race, therefore "to be placed" market is still 3 places.

What happens if you lay all 4 and only 1 or 2 horses finish and the other 2-3 fall or get pulled up, do you get paid out on the ones that dont finish. Do they have to finish the race to be placed or are they technically placed even though they didnt finish the race?

I cant find the rule.

If you lay the top 3 in the market you only need 1 to be pulled up, fall or finish last to make a minimum profit of +0.64 of if they all place then -0.74 seems a near 1:1 ratio bet. Also heavy ground over fences.

Plus all of them at some point in their career have been pulled up, and 3 of 4 of them have done so in the last 6 races.

This race has Carnage written all over it.
Derek27

gstar1975 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:13 pm
Wetherby 4.10 is a 4 runner race, originally an 8 runner race, therefore "to be placed" market is still 3 places.

What happens if you lay all 4 and only 1 or 2 horses finish and the other 2-3 fall or get pulled up, do you get paid out on the ones that dont finish. Do they have to finish the race to be placed or are they technically placed even though they didnt finish the race?

I cant find the rule.

If you lay the top 3 in the market you only need 1 to be pulled up, fall or finish last to make a minimum profit of +0.64 of if they all place then -0.74 seems a near 1:1 ratio bet. Also heavy ground over fences.

Plus all of them at some point in their career have been pulled up, and 3 of 4 of them have done so in the last 6 races.

My understanding is that if there are 2 finishers layers only pay out on the 2, which is why the overround is under 300%, but don't quote me on that because I haven't looked at the rules!

Years ago somebody who backed the entire field in a place market lost substantially more than the money in his account when only two horses finished and Betfair consequently removed liability offset from back bets in place markets.
spreadbetting

gstar1975 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:13 pm

I cant find the rule.

If all the runners fall the race is declared void and all stakes returned, as long as there is one finisher all bets will be settled as per the market rules i.e. if you lay a horse not to finish in the first 3 and it falls you will get paid out. You'll see many jumps markets with few runners betting to an underround book in the hope of less finishers than places. Also the market will be cancelled if the number of places equals the number of runners, so if another pulls out the market will get dropped.
Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:15 pm
Also the market will be cancelled if the number of places equals the number of runners, so if another pulls out the market will get dropped.
Gives a bit of hope to anyone who's screwed up their book!
Derek27

Clonmel is all over the place.
Shimmers Rock, 14-40 Clonmel.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”