Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Jukebox

It would certainly be an improvement for the train services.
Euler

Frustrating again!
PDC

In Australia they would have been well through loading whilst the horse was being re-shod, even seen them load them all up if one is behaving well like that one was then they can just slot the reshod horse in. In the UK they don't even bring the horses round the back of the stalls :cry:
Dallas

PDC wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:19 pm
In Australia they would have been well through loading whilst the horse was being re-shod, even seen them load them all up if one is behaving well like that one was then they can just slot the reshod horse in. In the UK they don't even bring the horses round the back of the stalls :cry:
I used to think they were loaded at random on who was ready etc but a Starter at Newmarket once told me that there is in fact always a loading order (usually based on how well they loaded previously) and that each night they enter the details of how a horse behaved/loaded into a national database which dictates the order they then get assigned to be loaded next race (some of the bigger name Jockeys will try and dictate when they get their horse loaded but usually they are ignored).

Only in certain circumstance will they change the order meaning even if one of the first due in decides to play up that will often have a knock-on effect on those remaining
PDC

Dallas wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:37 pm
Only in certain circumstance will they change the order meaning even if one of the first due in decides to play up that will often have a knock-on effect on those remaining
It just shows how backwards our industry is compared to worldwide. ATR did a feature on the loading process recently which explained what you describe and thought it was world leading. IMO it is trailing the world. It is good to have a plan but it is like going into battle with one, as soon as the battle starts you have to adapt to the circumstances.
lukesanges

Is anyone else experiencing really bad lag ?
to75ne

every 8 or 9 secs, i am getting a freeze for just under a second, though it was something on my machine causing it.
Dallas

PDC wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:40 pm
Dallas wrote:
It just shows how backwards our industry is compared to worldwide. ATR did a feature on the loading process recently which explained what you describe and thought it was world leading. IMO it is trailing the world. It is good to have a plan but it is like going into battle with one, as soon as the battle starts you have to adapt to the circumstances.
It certainly doesn't seem the most efficient way of doing something so simple as the delays testify to
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
I used to think they were loaded at random on who was ready etc but a Starter at Newmarket once told me that there is in fact always a loading order (usually based on how well they loaded previously) and that each night they enter the details of how a horse behaved/loaded into a national database which dictates the order they then get assigned to be loaded next race (some of the bigger name Jockeys will try and dictate when they get their horse loaded but usually they are ignored).

From what I remember, the main order was odd numbers first, low to high, followed by even numbers, presumably to give the first horses in a bit of space. Then they make modifications to the order based on horses previous behaviour, trainers requests, etc. It's quite an advantage to go in last in a big field.

I've always thought in the UK the starter is a bit over lenient with horses refusing to go in while the others wait.
Derek27

After getting stung by a few sharp moves recently I've started putting trades in well away from the action to try and catch them in the right place. It's beginning to pay dividends. :D

(Remember what Letsby Avenue's named after? ) ;)
Jackpot Royale, 17-15 Newbury.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StellaBot

7.45 Wolves
Possible back to lay here
Couple of things to check
Pour Lamour looks a fair back to lay or place bet
Its times are as good as the field and has less weight than last best runs
Check out last run at wolves.
Well held up. ran on
Dont usually bet on all weather
This looks ok for trading
Last edited by StellaBot on Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StellaBot

as above
StellaBot

Hope were on.
posted 7.22
Anyone know how low it went in running?
StellaBot

Dragon
Invest
Derek27

How do you manage to post so frequently, yet your total posts remains so low, given you've been here a while?

Whenever I post I think my tally goes up 10! ;)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”