Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Korattt

Korattt wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:02 pm
trying scalping using the offset bet.. why does it go in on the other side first?
ah, got it.. fill or kill
Derek27

ruthlessimon wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:55 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:54 pm
The markets lately have traded more like US markets where it pays to put orders in well away from where the activity is. I should be at home with these markets.
And your defense against recency bias is????
If it's pissing down with rain outside I would take an umbrella, rather than to look at historical weather data and conclude the average day in June in my area is dry and sunny!
Last edited by Derek27 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShaunWhite

ruthlessimon wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:53 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:25 pm
But who needs psych eh? ;)
Once Sergio Canavero transplants Peter's head to mine - & it doesn't improve my trading - then I'll buy Trading in the Zone :D
If you had his head, presumably you'd have his psychology too?

All the psych stuff isn't just to figure out how you tick, it's to figure out how other people tick. Afterall, we are all just traders of peoples' behaviour.

You might be a flawless psychologically perfect robot, but thankfully most people aren't. :)
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:21 pm
ruthlessimon wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:55 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:54 pm
The markets lately have traded more like US markets where it pays to put orders in well away from where the activity is. I should be at home with these markets.
And your defense against recency bias is????
If it's pissing down with rain outside I would take an umbrella, rather than to look at historical weather data and conclude the average day in June in my area is dry and sunny!
Simon doesn't believe in the here and now Derek, unless it's the same here and now as is proven to have existed >50% of the time there and then :) I'd counter recency bias with responsiveness in psychology Top Trumps.
ruthlessimon

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:41 pm
If you had his head, presumably you'd have his psychology too?

You might be a flawless psychologically perfect robot, but thankfully most people aren't. :)
Hmmm yah.. Just his spreadsheets then :lol:

See I'd reword that to:

"Thankfully most people don't have an edge"

I wonder what market comprised of only Peterites would look like. Dull, flat, tepid - No-one would take a price :D
Euler

Loose horse at Chepstow so that's probably messed up the evening.
Derek27

She's been caught after galloping two full circuits, it's taken 20 minutes.
ruthlessimon

Derek27 wrote:
I prefer this one.

Disney Florida. Looking outside, & it looks lovely (recently bias). But just over the horizon, there's a hurricane brewing - & the meteorologists can predict when it'll hit, where it'll hit, what the damage will be (wind or flood). Allowing resistents to either flee or budget on protection (i..e board-up windows or sandbags etc).

By the time you see the hurricane, without taking the advice of the meteorologists, you'll be dead! No flights, no shops etc.
Derek27

Nice reversal.
Mick Thonic, 19-20 Aintree.jpg
Missed this one.
Parthenius.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

ruthlessimon wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:15 pm
Derek27 wrote:
I prefer this one.

Disney Florida. Looking outside, & it looks lovely (recently bias). But just over the horizon, there's a hurricane brewing - & the meteorologists can predict when it'll hit, where it'll hit, what the damage will be (wind or flood). Allowing resistents to either flee or budget on protection (i..e board-up windows or sandbags etc).

By the time you see the hurricane, without taking the advice of the meteorologists, you'll be dead! No flights, no shops etc.
On a slightly more serious note, the hurricanes are becoming more frequent (global warming), the markets are changing, perhaps permanently.

That race where Shaun got stung on the favourite, I got stung on the second favourite, but I think the entire market moved at the same time. Presumably a big back on the favourite 30 ticks below current price would have Betfair's cross-matching servers at melting point. Previously a big move on one horse would have a significantly slower affect on all the other runners, and I'm beginning to change the way that I trade as a result.
BetScalper

Whats going on at Chepstow ?
Derek27

Chepstow off 19 minutes late - don't think there's any chance of getting the 21:05 off.
Dallas

BetScalper wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:20 pm
Whats going on at Chepstow ?
Earlier loose horse decided to do a few laps of honor before the race even started so its put everything back
BetScalper

ah ok, thanks, bloody horses. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Derek27

One for the notebook I think. Literally sprinted the length of the home straight and stayed on for another two circuits. :lol:

Return to “Trading Horse racing”