Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
PDC

Great start to the day with that late withdrawal, managed to get matched for a few hundred at a VERY generous price when the market reopened on Dubai Icon and then the price just plummeted :D
Gauss

celticswing wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:34 pm
you mean 130 Nott, very odd
Y, market suspended with huge Deebee spike at same time.
PDC

Euler wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:35 pm
I missed the first race, what happened?
There was a late withdrawal though it wasn't clear why it happened so late as RUK showed the injured jockey after the parade ring incident some 5 minutes before the off and given the limping nature of the jockey it was clear he was not going to be riding what at the time was the third favorite. The horse was withdrawn from the market with just a short period until they were actually off, a few minutes from memory.

RUK I don't think relayed the message of it being Withdrawn until very late as we had the misfortune of having to listen to Miss Ryan read off her ream and reams of notes she has made about the runners. I find her very annoying to listen to as she just reads from her notes rather than discuss a horses chance.
Euler

Thanks, I had a bot running. It didn't do too great on that.
Gauss

Feels like a Monday to me.
Dallas

I got clobbered in the first race I raced (not the first of the card)
dragontrades

Dallas wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:34 pm
I got clobbered in the first race I raced (not the first of the card)
How did you find the ground?
Gauss

I’m really struggling today. What happened at the start of the day has knocked my confidence.
JTEDL

good start then went downhill, didn't go so well yesterday either so switched to tennis for rest of day!
Gauss

There seems to be a lack of input on the forum today, I’m sensing it’s been one of those days where it’s been a case of keeping ones powder dry so to speak.
dragontrades

Gauss wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:13 pm
There seems to be a lack of input on the forum today, I’m sensing it’s been one of those days where it’s been a case of keeping ones powder dry so to speak.
I've enjoyed Nottingham.
Managed to recover from a mini disaster on the Aussie racing this morning
Gauss

Manshood off to the moon
Naffman

Something interesting I think happened yesterday in the first at Nottingham..

Midport was scratched about 5 mins from the start, so a new market formed on Betfair without this horse obviously, I then layed the fave. Dubai Icon on Betdaq at an average of 2.35 (or thereabouts) which was the same price as BF at the time.

Dubai Icon won but I only paid out at an average of 1.8 as although Midport was a NR on Betfair, on Betdaq the horse (Midport) was still in the market albeit no money on the runner.

So if you were laying on Betdaq you had about a 20-25% edge on the race as people mistakenly thought Midport had been taken out like Betfair but it hadn't.

Did anyone else notice this?
SeaHorseRacing

Naffman wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:39 am
Something interesting I think happened yesterday in the first at Nottingham..

Midport was scratched about 5 mins from the start, so a new market formed on Betfair without this horse obviously, I then layed the fave. Dubai Icon on Betdaq at an average of 2.35 (or thereabouts) which was the same price as BF at the time.

Dubai Icon won but I only paid out at an average of 1.8 as although Midport was a NR on Betfair, on Betdaq the horse (Midport) was still in the market albeit no money on the runner.

So if you were laying on Betdaq you had about a 20-25% edge on the race as people mistakenly thought Midport had been taken out like Betfair but it hadn't.

Did anyone else notice this?
Hmmm... interesting. I didnt see it though.
Dipstick

didn't spot that one but noticed something else on the same pre-play market. I was also laying Dubai Icon and was running a ~6 tick / £30 loss and was wondering about redding out :( when Midport was withdrawn. When the market reformed, the price changes meant that (after about 20secs) I got a green out for a £6 profit. Happy Days. Wish it usually worked like that :lol:

Return to “Trading Horse racing”