Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
aharris81

Moderater edit : If you are just arriving at this thread is starts off as one thing, but is now used for discussing the days horses racing markets

-------------

Anyone else think today's markets were extremely hard to profit from?

I'm a novice trader and just wanted others opinions. Yesterday wasn't too bad but I couldn't for the life if me get a good trade in today

Cheers
Adam
mcfc1981

a day of large orders having no relevance.
Euler

I couldn't get on with Newcastle at all today, but the other two courses were ok. Nothing special.
jimrobo

the most frustrating day I've had for a long time in the markets
mcfc1981

its days like this where patience is the key.
RideTheLightning

Euler wrote:I couldn't get on with Newcastle at all today, but the other two courses were ok. Nothing special.
Same here!
redtra

I am quite new to trading, trying it out using small stakes but today, each time I placed either back or a lay, it went the other way. I am following the trend but it was a difficult day...so it is reassuring to know I was not alone!
superfrank

having a dull Friday eve in so having a play in the Wolves/Dundalk races... some mad action; "gambles" being blindly followed by lemmings.
Euler

This evening has been very lively.
aharris81

I agree mcfc1981 that today was a test of patience, I think in the past I would have let it get me down a little but now I can just brush it off, thanks for the replies guys

Adam
Iron

aharris81 wrote:Anyone else think today's markets were extremely hard to profit from?
Hi Adam

I think it's a case of 'one man's meat is another man's poison'.

A scalper might hate a market that a swing trader would love, and vice versa.

Jeff
freddy

Im currently helping someone learn to trade and they had a awful days on Friday / Saturday where as i had quite good days.

the problem with him i found was he was getting involved way to early, the money arrives very late on Busy days, and things like resistance points don't hold, he was trying to catch trend reversals 8+ mins from the off where as i was trading last minute few mins till the off.

the difference in P&l was massive althoe we were essentially doing the same things.
I believe this may be a common problem, you have to be very patient some days.
switesh

If anybody traded the markets actively today, could you provide your view of the markets please?

I know it looked like a poor card, but I couldn't help notice clear patterns (i.e. gambles on fav's). The big moves were definitely there. I felt like all I had to do is pick a side (i.e. back fav's trading below mid 2's) and close at off to end up for guaranteed green for the day.

If anybody's collected data perhaps you could verify if I'm right/wrong please. Thanks.
switesh

Just had a look through my spreadsheet and filtered all Fav's for Kempton.

Looks like all short priced fav's were heavily backed. Only 1 drifter at slightly bigger odds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Interesting observation, maybe you are also getting better at reading the market?

Return to “Trading Horse racing”