Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
eightbo

my fav move from today
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Allan R

Can anybody tell me How betfair can change the odds..AFTER i have placed a bet??
placed bet last night at odds off 8.4 and betfair have changed them to 6.6 this morning??
the odds on the horse are now 6.0??
northbound

Allan R wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:05 am
Can anybody tell me How betfair can change the odds..AFTER i have placed a bet??
placed bet last night at odds off 8.4 and betfair have changed them to 6.6 this morning??
the odds on the horse are now 6.0??
Most probably another horse in the race has been withdrawn and Betfair has amended the odds.

Think about the following example: there’s a race with three runners, each with an equal chance of winning (33.33%), hence the odds of each are 3.00.

One runner is withdrawn and it becomes a two runner race. Now basically each runner has 50% of winning, so it is normal to expect the original bet stroke at 3.00 now gets amended to 2.00.
Jukebox

This is likely due to another horse or horses being withdrawn and Betfair have applied a reduction factor. You can check out their rules regarding non-runners. Its quite normal and it is designed to be fair. You will find yourself more prone to this the earlier you place your bet, particulalry the night before as the trainers tend to withdraw their horses in the morning before setting off for the course as they change their minds about entering due to fitness or conditions
You can imagine how it would be unfair for a layer of the second favorite to discover that the odds on favorite had been withdrawn with no adjustment to the odds.
Allan R

Thx...sorry for late reply...so can a trainer can have 2 horses in a race..1 at say 100 on the bet fairground ;) and 1 at say 8..He can then back the horse at 100, and then withdraw the horse at 8..knowing the odds will drop and he can lay his horse at 100 for lower odds??

Does anybody know if all bookies are in on the corruption that goes on in horse racing?
Dallas

Allan R wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:47 pm
Thx...sorry for late reply...so can a trainer can have 2 horses in a race..1 at say 100 on the bet fairground ;) and 1 at say 8..He can then back the horse at 100, and then withdraw the horse at 8..knowing the odds will drop and he can lay his horse at 100 for lower odds??

Yes but thats, why there is a reduction factor and the same which happened to you, will happen to him/her
ie, the horse they backed at 100 will now be repriced at say 70 so it still needs to shorten if they are to lay it for a profit
Derek27

Allan R wrote:

Does anybody know if all bookies are in on the corruption that goes on in horse racing?
When a horse is withdrawn the price reductions represent fair prices, given that there are less runners and bets have a better chance of winning.

In the example you gave, the bet at 100 would be reduced so he could only lay the horse at a similar price to what he backed it at.
PDC

Allan R wrote:
Shhhhhhhh, keep this system to yourself please, I have been using this system for quite a long time now and have been making millions on it. I can't believe no one else in the world until you realised how easy it was to make money in horse racing, all you needed to do was know which horses would be withdrawn, it has been a licence to print money for years :o :lol: ;)
Hooch

Over 20 minutes for a stewards enquiry at Listowel for an incident at the second last and then reverse the placings. Not normal
Allan R

Dallas wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:56 pm
Allan R wrote:

Yes but thats, why there is a reduction factor and the same which happened to you, will happen to him/her
ie, the horse they backed at 100 will now be repriced at say 70 so it still needs to shorten if they are to lay it for a profit
Oh i see. thanks.
Allan R

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:57 pm
Allan R wrote:

When a horse is withdrawn the price reductions represent fair prices, given that there are less runners and bets have a better chance of winning.

In the example you gave, the bet at 100 would be reduced so he could only lay the horse at a similar price to what he backed it at.
I understand now. thankyou..must of had brainfreeze :D
PDC

Hooch wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:11 pm
Over 20 minutes for a stewards enquiry at Listowel for an incident at the second last and then reverse the placings. Not normal
The betting was crazy on the stewards. A LOT of money backed at below 1.10 in running on first past the post, quite a lot at 1.01.

The betting on the stewards was heavily favouring the first past the post until a huge chunk of money came for the eventual winner and the first past the post shot out from heavy odds on to 3-1+

All a bit odd plus given how far out the interference took place.
Last edited by PDC on Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eightbo

Allan R wrote:
Yes mate once you get your on-course license they invite you to an exclusive facebook group

hth
Allan R

PDC wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:01 pm
Allan R wrote:
Shhhhhhhh, keep this system to yourself please, I have been using this system for quite a long time now and have been making millions on it. I can't believe no one else in the world until you realised how easy it was to make money in horse racing, all you needed to do was know which horses would be withdrawn, it has been a licence to print money for years :o :lol: ;)
If your going to be sarcastic, Keep it short..otherwise it just turns into Gibberish ;) :D
Hooch

PDC wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:14 pm
Hooch wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:11 pm
The betting was crazy on the stewards. A LOT of money backed at below 1.10 in running on first past the post, quite a lot at 1.01.

The betting on the stewards was heavily favouring the first past the post until a huge chunk of money came for the eventual winner and the first past the post shot out from heavy odds on to 3-1+

All a bit odd plus given how far out the interference took place.
Seen all the money been matched at 1.05 and 1.06 then the market closed and thought nothing of it, the result was in on various sites. Then i reopen the market and see the crazy swing in betting. At that stage i couldnt adjust my position.
Where is the consistency in the stewards??

Return to “Trading Horse racing”