Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Allan R

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:57 pm
Allan R wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:47 pm
Thx...sorry for late reply...so can a trainer can have 2 horses in a race..1 at say 100 on the bet fairground ;) and 1 at say 8..He can then back the horse at 100, and then withdraw the horse at 8..knowing the odds will drop and he can lay his horse at 100 for lower odds??

Does anybody know if all bookies are in on the corruption that goes on in horse racing?
When a horse is withdrawn the price reductions represent fair prices, given that there are less runners and bets have a better chance of winning.

In the example you gave, the bet at 100 would be reduced so he could only lay the horse at a similar price to what he backed it at.
I understand now. thankyou..must of had brainfreeze :D
PDC

Hooch wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:11 pm
Over 20 minutes for a stewards enquiry at Listowel for an incident at the second last and then reverse the placings. Not normal
The betting was crazy on the stewards. A LOT of money backed at below 1.10 in running on first past the post, quite a lot at 1.01.

The betting on the stewards was heavily favouring the first past the post until a huge chunk of money came for the eventual winner and the first past the post shot out from heavy odds on to 3-1+

All a bit odd plus given how far out the interference took place.
Last edited by PDC on Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eightbo

Allan R wrote:
Does anybody know if all bookies are in on the corruption that goes on in horse racing?
Yes mate once you get your on-course license they invite you to an exclusive facebook group

hth
Allan R

PDC wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:01 pm
Allan R wrote:
Shhhhhhhh, keep this system to yourself please, I have been using this system for quite a long time now and have been making millions on it. I can't believe no one else in the world until you realised how easy it was to make money in horse racing, all you needed to do was know which horses would be withdrawn, it has been a licence to print money for years :o :lol: ;)
If your going to be sarcastic, Keep it short..otherwise it just turns into Gibberish ;) :D
Hooch

PDC wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:14 pm
Hooch wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:11 pm
Over 20 minutes for a stewards enquiry at Listowel for an incident at the second last and then reverse the placings. Not normal
The betting was crazy on the stewards. A LOT of money backed at below 1.10 in running on first past the post, quite a lot at 1.01.

The betting on the stewards was heavily favouring the first past the post until a huge chunk of money came for the eventual winner and the first past the post shot out from heavy odds on to 3-1+

All a bit odd plus given how far out the interference took place.
Seen all the money been matched at 1.05 and 1.06 then the market closed and thought nothing of it, the result was in on various sites. Then i reopen the market and see the crazy swing in betting. At that stage i couldnt adjust my position.
Where is the consistency in the stewards??
PDC

Allan R wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:19 pm
If your going to be sarcastic, Keep it short..otherwise it just turns into Gibberish ;) :D
You seemed to be struggling with explanations so felt like I needed to spell it out for you ;)
Allan R

eightbo wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:14 pm
Allan R wrote:
Yes mate once you get your on-course license they invite you to an exclusive facebook group

hth
Well thought out response..ill have to set up a facebook account then. thx for the info :shock:
PDC

Hooch wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:22 pm
Seen all the money been matched at 1.05 and 1.06 then the market closed and thought nothing of it, the result was in on various sites. Then i reopen the market and see the crazy swing in betting. At that stage i couldnt adjust my position.
Where is the consistency in the stewards??
The market was suspended not closed initially. The 'stewards' market was open for a long time, so a shame you didn't notice earlier and have time to adjust your position.

The result on the various sites is just a provisional result. It doesn't go official until they have weighed in.

As for consistency in the stewards, there has never been any and won't be until the whole system is changed. As they said on ATR, had that been a seller in the middle of winter it no doubt wouldn't have been altered or perhaps even looked at.
Allan R

PDC wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:23 pm
Allan R wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:19 pm
You seemed to be struggling with explanations so felt like I needed to spell it out for you ;)
Yeah, i see what your saying...Its just that my post was a question!..And your post does not explain anything..And, did somebody mention "system" ?.

Apart from attention to detail and common sense..It was a fairly good attempt.. ;)
Thanks for taking the time :D
spreadbetting

Finally a race free night :)
Dallas

spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:58 pm
Finally a race free night :)
Happy times and with no Tennis on its full relaxation :)
Derek27

Just a reminder, nobody is actually forced to trade when there's racing/tennis on. You can always ignore it and take time off. ;)
Euler

I went out on my mountain bike for a decent hack.
Naffman

Paul Spry has flipped :lol:
Jukebox

Euler wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:18 pm
I went out on my mountain bike for a decent hack.
I hope you've locked it up well, there have been some dodgy looking characters hanging around the bike racks in that area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgQYEUrS_xU

Return to “Trading Horse racing”