The sport of kings.
ShaunWhite

ruthlessimon wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:45 pm
Korattt wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:37 pm
lost £100 today, just couldn’t get anything right
Psychology is such an easy out here.
True. And I'd like to add a lack of professionalism as a reason? An observation not a criticism. I'd hope my (obv not actually 'my') surgeon or pilot didn't have a bad day every time they had issues at home.

Not saying it's easy, no one man band operation is easy, especially one run from home with no customers and no boss to keep you on the straight and narrow. Edges and psych are all well and good, and I'd guess Korattt has thought about them until his head is spinning like we all do, but they're no use if you can't execute.

Maybe have a pre-race check list? Score how you feel (angry, chasy, focused, alert etc), what the market is, when it is, is it noisy, what's your risk is going be etc etc BEFORE you make your investment. High score then pile in, low score just have a fiver and call it practice. You need to put a procedure in place as a substitute for the controls you find in other jobs.

I'm not preaching Korattt just trying to think of a different angle for you, we're all different so you never know what's going to click.

Now I think of it I'm sure pw once said he has a some sort of market scoring system that checks how the planets are aligned. His will be almost subconscious and not include his highly trained focused mental state I suspect, but yours might need to be on paper and have a section for the state of your head.

Sorry to bung up the thread but not worth starting another. All the best for tomorrow.
Korattt

thanks Shaun, on to tomorrow eh?
dmbusa

No trading for me today, mind is all over the place having just lost my job, don't want to make a bad thing worse by trading and messing up big time
Korattt

dmbusa wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:49 am
No trading for me today, mind is all over the place having just lost my job, don't want to make a bad thing worse by trading and messing up big time
I don't think I'll get involved either today, not really excited with what's on offer, just going to be boring & watch ladders all day & try & not get bored in between the 20 minute gaps between the two cards
Derek27

dmbusa wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:49 am
Really sorry to hear that. I hope another one isn't too far away.
Korattt

must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, repeat to fade
jjrrjj

Glad i was not on the wrong side of 'dream warrior' , mental
starsigns

I was, managed to get out with a loss of £1.32.
Derek27

Korattt wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:28 pm
must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, must take more notice of the advanced charts from now on, repeat to fade
Why?
Korattt

because when I do I have much more success, stuck to the rules religiously today & had a very good day
Derek27

When I saw a horse called Lady Aurelia running in a claimer at Keeneland I just assumed it must be a horse with the same name - but it's not!

It's Betfair giving races the wrong race type. Going off around 1.5
ShaunWhite

Korattt wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:38 pm
stuck to the rules religiously today & had a very good day
Nice one. You deserved a good day.
spreadbetting

Thought you were taking the day off because there was nothing g to get excited about , korrat, surely that was breaking the rules straight away :D
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:04 pm
When I saw a horse called Lady Aurelia running in a claimer at Keeneland I just assumed it must be a horse with the same name - but it's not!

It's Betfair giving races the wrong race type. Going off around 1.5
Their claimers seem different to ours, a lot of their best horses seem to start their season running in one
Derek27

It turned out to be a $60k stakes race that I think she won last year. Surprise defeat but hopefully she'll be back here for Royal Ascot.

By the way, it's something researchers of historical data may be concerned about. If Betfair can mistake a US stakes for a claimer, has it happened over here?

Return to “Trading Horse racing”