Australian racing

The sport of kings.
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:20 am
Naffman wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:57 am
Struggling to get any momentum today
Do you trade all night or are you an early riser?
Trade from about 5am till 11.30 with a break in between

Don't know how you go all day :lol:
Derek27

I'll be going to bed after the last at Caulfield.
Euler

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:53 am
I'll be going to bed after the last at Caulfield.
Starting to sound like me
mcgoo

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:18 pm
mcgoo wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:38 am
Cards37 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:49 pm

And yet I still suck at it despite it being in my timezone!’
Ditto mate .Suck level has slowly improved from a -5 to a -3 so I take comfort in that :D Derek (among others) particularly inspires :mrgreen:
When you see a market like the one in the graphic above, just place small bets on both ends of the spread and you have a good chance of getting them both matched.

You won't make much, but I take the view that if you pick up a fiver on the street, you can't really complain that it's not a tenner. :)
That helped a lot thanks Derek. This seemed to make me a lot more patient and I watched for signals in the market that (I think) indicate moves,otherwise I stayed with the scalp.I noticed how few real swing opportunities seemed to be around.It appeared to work: 75% strike rate and increased (small :D ) bank by 10% over 25 markets.A good day.Cheers for the help.
PS: "Hail Eulers" :lol: :lol: :lol: -that one is going down in the trading vocab list
Derek27

Glad to hear you've done better. The markets were less liquid and more volatile than usual.

Randwick and Flemington are racing Wednesday but I have to travel to a funeral this week. It would be a bit disrespectful trading all night and then turning up to the funeral without any sleep so I'll be missing a couple of days.

Good luck on Wednesday. :)
mcgoo

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:16 am
Glad to hear you've done better. The markets were less liquid and more volatile than usual.

Randwick and Flemington are racing Wednesday but I have to travel to a funeral this week. It would be a bit disrespectful trading all night and then turning up to the funeral without any sleep so I'll be missing a couple of days.

Good luck on Wednesday. :)
Ta mate.Sorry to hear about the funeral.All the best
Cards37

mcgoo wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:38 am

PS: "Hail Eulers" :lol: :lol: :lol: -that one is going down in the trading vocab list
I was hoping someone would like this :D
Derek27

Australian St. Ledger on Wednesday at Flemington, $200K.

Does anyone know what a GROUP LR race is :?:

https://www.racenet.com.au/racing-form- ... ger-race-6
Cards37

Derek - I think its "Listed Race" - kinda Group 4, as per:

https://www.horseracinginfo.com.au/aust ... -races.php
Naffman

Public holiday Wednesday - 8 non TC meetings (flat)
Cards37

Yes its ANAZC Day, the one day of the year two-up is legal. Much punting will be going on.
Derek27

Cards37 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:36 am
Derek - I think its "Listed Race" - kinda Group 4, as per:

https://www.horseracinginfo.com.au/aust ... -races.php
Thanks Cards37. I think it will be a bit risky going to bed on Wednesday in case I don't get up in time for the funeral so I'll probably trade Flemington and Randwick after all. :)
newaustralian

Just read this post
Australian Racing,
The way to make money on Aust Racing is to lay not back.
A good lay strategy will show a hansom profit consistently.
Agree Backing or trading on Aust Racing is for losers.
RegL

I agree with RegL laying in the aust market is a goer. Using the facts, good horse win, good jockeys win, the SP is usually a good guide to the chance of a horse winning, barrier is a factor sometimes and luck plays a part laying with a tight money managment plan appears to be working for me. I attempt to make 1.17% per day on my betting capital each and every day. This I have acheived by LAYING only and aiming for small amount each bet. I have failed in the uk but have broken even in USA. I only lay on good laying races say 1 out of 5 races. Rather boring BUT lovely counting the money.
Derek27

RegL wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:46 pm
Australian Racing,
The way to make money on Aust Racing is to lay not back.
A good lay strategy will show a hansom profit consistently.
Agree Backing or trading on Aust Racing is for losers.
RegL
Derek27

newaustralian wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:18 am
I agree with RegL laying in the aust market is a goer. Using the facts, good horse win, good jockeys win, the SP is usually a good guide to the chance of a horse winning, barrier is a factor sometimes and luck plays a part laying with a tight money managment plan appears to be working for me. I attempt to make 1.17% per day on my betting capital each and every day. This I have acheived by LAYING only and aiming for small amount each bet. I have failed in the uk but have broken even in USA. I only lay on good laying races say 1 out of 5 races. Rather boring BUT lovely counting the money.
That post is over four years old and the poster hasn't posted since - perhaps he's lost all his money laying. :lol:

People who make statements like that have usually found what works for them and don't understand that everybody has their own skills, strategies - in essence, one man's meat is another man's poison.

I can say categorically that back/lay trading Australian markets with good liquidity is very profitable. I have a near 95% success rate that I could never achieve with UK racing.
Last edited by Derek27 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”