The sport of kings.
Derek27

TipTopTrader wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:47 am
PDC wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:33 am
rik wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:10 am
careful betfair might close your account first maximising tokens every week, how much you reckon they paid in extra fee for your account, have a lot of turnover backing the favourites?
What makes you think that is a potential issue?

Not much point in them publishing a set of rules if they were then to say, despite you sticking to the rules we are going to shut you down.
Naffman said he got a call from Betfair saying if he goes over the bet amount they would close his account.
That was ages ago (worried me at the time). I think he said he could probably trade them now.
spreadbetting

PDC wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:33 am
rik wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:10 am
careful betfair might close your account first maximising tokens every week, how much you reckon they paid in extra fee for your account, have a lot of turnover backing the favourites?
What makes you think that is a potential issue?

Not much point in them publishing a set of rules if they were then to say, despite you sticking to the rules we are going to shut you down.
Rules are made to be broken, I saw some post ages ago about someone being 'warned off' for costing them money by rigidily sticking to the rules. Think you'll find they'll make the rules up as they go along if it costs them money and they can consider it an abuse. Hard to imagine they won't give you a verbalwarning beforehand though so probably safe to screw them over for now.
Naffman

I only trade nsw at the main meeting on Saturdays, plenty on offer away from nsw to keep busy anyway
ShaunWhite

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:26 pm
I saw some post ages ago about someone being 'warned off' for costing them money by rigidily sticking to the rules.
I think it's one of those areas where the letter of the law and the spirit of the law are hard to reconcile. Supermarkets deal with it by having a max# you can buy on sale items, maybe BF would be better off giving people a $ allowance rather than X races with an essentially unlimitted allowance on those races. Tough though when they just want to keep it simple for Joe Public to understand.
Derek27

Flat and pace racing at Wagga had me confused, I thought I missed a race.
Derek27

Does anyone know if you can watch Aussie harness racing from the UK?
whimsies

try sky racing but you will need a VPN
Anbell

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:38 am
Does anyone know if you can watch Aussie harness racing from the UK?
I use the major Asian Betting exchange which has Sky1 and Sky2 for free. THere is a small lag of course.
TipTopTrader

I'm backing King of Leogrance, race 2 Flemington. change of stables. I would like to stay I think hes a pro place getter, so I can't complain if he looms to win and runs 2nd :D
gazuty

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:12 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:26 pm
I saw some post ages ago about someone being 'warned off' for costing them money by rigidily sticking to the rules.
I think it's one of those areas where the letter of the law and the spirit of the law are hard to reconcile. Supermarkets deal with it by having a max# you can buy on sale items, maybe BF would be better off giving people a $ allowance rather than X races with an essentially unlimitted allowance on those races. Tough though when they just want to keep it simple for Joe Public to understand.
Looking at this old thread I remember being "banned" back in 2012 - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6193&hilit=banned

It wasn't for breaching any rules it was for costing BF too much money. One thing I remember thinking is that BF would miss me, but with me excluded the markets didn't really miss a beat and didn't miss the liquidity (another learning lesson that when we do something to the market that in of itself changes what the market might have otherwise done). So no, BF and the market did not miss me - thankfully I was allowed to return.
PDC

Manipulators were out in force R2 at Randwick. They were really holding down the fav with huge amounts. It is a real shame they have moved into the NSW markets as well as the Vic.
gazuty

Super shorty up at Doombem.
Anbell

Alice Springs race times have changed
Derek27

PDC wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:32 am
Manipulators were out in force R2 at Randwick. They were really holding down the fav with huge amounts. It is a real shame they have moved into the NSW markets as well as the Vic.
R5 felt as though it was being controlled by one man.
Naffman

2 group 1s coming up

Return to “Trading Horse racing”