Trading Horse racing : Australian racing

The sport of kings.
Post Reply
User avatar
Naffman
Posts: 4297
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:46 am

Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:03 am

mcgoo wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:59 am
Naffman wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:34 am
mcgoo wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:26 am


Maybe he has paid the house off
:lol: until the variance kicks in :P
:P :D hopefully he knows when to holdem and when to foldem :geek:
Think he'll be running soon ;)

peachflame
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:41 pm

Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:41 pm

Looked at Oz historical data for first time, anyone know why so many winners' IPMin price is recorded as something other than 1.01?

spreadbetting
Posts: 2855
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:06 pm

Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:27 pm

peachflame wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:41 pm
Looked at Oz historical data for first time, anyone know why so many winners' IPMin price is recorded as something other than 1.01?
What sort of price is it recorded as? Not all winners hit 1.01, plus the AUS feeds are delayed and they don't have as many 'courtsiders' as the UK so many winners won't go too close to minimum values for a variety of reasons.

User avatar
Derek27
Posts: 8251
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:44 pm

peachflame wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:41 pm
Looked at Oz historical data for first time, anyone know why so many winners' IPMin price is recorded as something other than 1.01?
If a horse wins a race bang on the line, you can expect it's last/min price to be in the upper 1.xx. Any 1.01 bets might not beat the IP delay.

peachflame
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:41 pm

Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:24 pm

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:44 pm
peachflame wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:41 pm
Looked at Oz historical data for first time, anyone know why so many winners' IPMin price is recorded as something other than 1.01?
If a horse wins a race bang on the line, you can expect it's last/min price to be in the upper 1.xx. Any 1.01 bets might not beat the IP delay.
Thanks, I did notice some prices are much higher than evens, could it also be a sign of a very thin market - given that the IPMIN only records min £100 bets matched? Going to have to watch more oz inplay markets.

Anbell
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:31 am

Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:07 am

spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:27 pm
peachflame wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:41 pm
Looked at Oz historical data for first time, anyone know why so many winners' IPMin price is recorded as something other than 1.01?
What sort of price is it recorded as? Not all winners hit 1.01, plus the AUS feeds are delayed and they don't have as many 'courtsiders' as the UK so many winners won't go too close to minimum values for a variety of reasons.
Nah. The problem is that if the data is coming from here (promo.betfair.com/betfairsp/prices) the AU data is all effed (apart from SP & winner)

I noticed this the other day after wondering why my bots werent performing against benchmark.

The 'morning' data refers to before 11am GMT which causes all sorts of issues... including Morning = Prepost + IP so it should all be thrown in the rubbish.

peachflame
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:41 pm

Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:55 am

Anbell wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:07 am
spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:27 pm
peachflame wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:41 pm
Looked at Oz historical data for first time, anyone know why so many winners' IPMin price is recorded as something other than 1.01?
What sort of price is it recorded as? Not all winners hit 1.01, plus the AUS feeds are delayed and they don't have as many 'courtsiders' as the UK so many winners won't go too close to minimum values for a variety of reasons.
Nah. The problem is that if the data is coming from here (promo.betfair.com/betfairsp/prices) the AU data is all effed (apart from SP & winner)

I noticed this the other day after wondering why my bots werent performing against benchmark.

The 'morning' data refers to before 11am GMT which causes all sorts of issues... including Morning = Prepost + IP so it should all be thrown in the rubbish.
This is what I assumed, the data was throwing up far too many 'too good to be true' scenarios.

eightbo
Posts: 1590
Joined: Sun May 17, 2015 8:19 pm
Location: Barcelona

Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:47 am

quiet tonight

Anbell
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:31 am

Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:54 am

Moe back to 1.02pm

User avatar
mcgoo
Posts: 808
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:11 am

crap! used half me NSW chips(to quote Derek) already :? ..should trade with a headache more often it seems though.. :mrgreen:

Post Reply

Return to “Trading Horse racing”

  • Information