Trading Horse racing : Australian racing

The sport of kings.
Post Reply
User avatar
Bog
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:19 am

Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:15 am

It seems that Narromine is off :( Back bets from the 3rd race will still be counted if the race was abandoned?

User avatar
Derek27
Posts: 8629
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:22 am

Bog wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:15 am
It seems that Narromine is off :( Back bets from the 3rd race will still be counted if the race was abandoned?
No. I've checked with Betfair some time ago. Only matched bets count, your back bets will be voided as though they weren't placed.

I wasn't getting much out of Narromine anyway.

User avatar
Bog
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:19 am

Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:44 am

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:22 am
No. I've checked with Betfair some time ago. Only matched bets count, your back bets will be voided as though they weren't placed.

I wasn't getting much out of Narromine anyway.
Cheers Derek

User avatar
Naffman
Posts: 4437
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:46 am

Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:22 am

These late gambles at WA are strange/relentless/idiotic

Anbell
Posts: 713
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:31 am

Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:44 am

from BF in the slack channel:
"Update on Canberra R7: obviously off was missed, any bets matched after the off will be voided and BSP will be manually reconciled. Apologies for this guys."

Wildly
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:31 am

Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:25 am

Anbell wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:44 am
from BF in the slack channel:
"Update on Canberra R7: obviously off was missed, any bets matched after the off will be voided and BSP will be manually reconciled. Apologies for this guys."
Anything from Geelong R6 3:30pm 1121 metre race was in-play for 42 seconds ?? :roll: :x
18/09/2020 15:30:15: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
18/09/2020 15:30:40: Guardian has detected that the market is in-play
18/09/2020 15:30:41: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended

18/09/2020 15:31:22: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended

Anbell
Posts: 713
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:31 am

Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:37 am

Wildly wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:25 am
Anbell wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:44 am
from BF in the slack channel:
"Update on Canberra R7: obviously off was missed, any bets matched after the off will be voided and BSP will be manually reconciled. Apologies for this guys."
Anything from Geelong R6 3:30pm 1121 metre race was in-play for 42 seconds ?? :roll: :x
18/09/2020 15:30:15: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
18/09/2020 15:30:40: Guardian has detected that the market is in-play
18/09/2020 15:30:41: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended

18/09/2020 15:31:22: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
From BF person
"I'm told that the distinction is that Geelong wasn't turned in play late, it was a technical issue where the market stayed suspended for several seconds; in that instance although it was less than ideal that you weren't able to trade during that period, no bets were unfairly matched, which is why the bets stood."

Kilcoy R9 was also very late

Wildly
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:31 am

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:29 am

Anbell wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:37 am
Wildly wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:25 am
Anbell wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:44 am
from BF in the slack channel:
"Update on Canberra R7: obviously off was missed, any bets matched after the off will be voided and BSP will be manually reconciled. Apologies for this guys."
Anything from Geelong R6 3:30pm 1121 metre race was in-play for 42 seconds ?? :roll: :x
18/09/2020 15:30:15: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
18/09/2020 15:30:40: Guardian has detected that the market is in-play
18/09/2020 15:30:41: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended

18/09/2020 15:31:22: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
From BF person
"I'm told that the distinction is that Geelong wasn't turned in play late, it was a technical issue where the market stayed suspended for several seconds; in that instance although it was less than ideal that you weren't able to trade during that period, no bets were unfairly matched, which is why the bets stood."

Kilcoy R9 was also very late
Thanks Anbell.
BF person describes a 20 second market suspension as "several seconds" and sees nothing unfair about the inability to cancel bets for 20 seconds while the race was running. Plus any automation that references the race in-play time got screwed. The Geelong race was turned in play 20 seconds late, "technical issue" or not.
Well, I'll BF'ed.

User avatar
gazuty
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:03 am

Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:32 am

Two G1s today, Spring racing 😀

User avatar
Derek27
Posts: 8629
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:19 am

gazuty wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:32 am
Two G1s today, Spring racing 😀
You should tell SSR that, they missed the start of R1 at Randwick!

Apparently three horses missed the start as well, but not as badly as SSR. :x

Post Reply

Return to “Trading Horse racing”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests