Australian racing

The sport of kings.
Naffman

So much back money around for favourites so far today
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:17 am
So much back money around for favourites so far today
I'm biased towards getting my back bets off first tonight. It's easy to get laid (excuse the pun) but back bets are just getting nibbled at.
PDC

Markets have been nice everywhere so far. Hopefully it stays this way for the whole session.

ATR coverage is good tonight with all the main tracks being shown except Gold Coast. Shame you don't get the Flemington build up but at least you get the races.

Though if I hear Bon Jovi's Always on the radio once more I might just jump or at least need a glass of De Bortoli!
Derek27

PDC wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:01 am
ATR coverage is good tonight with all the main tracks being shown except Gold Coast. Shame you don't get the Flemington build up but at least you get the races.
No need to rub it in, that my TV is broken. :lol:

You can get Flemington on the link below.

https://www.racing.com/
PDC

Its been broken for weeks hasn't it? Surely with all this 'free money' at Rosehill you have made enough to buy a new one? Pays for itself in that it allows you to trade right up to the off when you can see them load.
Derek27

PDC wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:22 am
Its been broken for weeks hasn't it? Surely with all this 'free money' at Rosehill you have made enough to buy a new one? Pays for itself in that it allows you to trade right up to the off when you can see them load.
You need more than money to get a TV set, you need the time - I'd rather go into a shop and look at them close up. But my sister has just bought a new one and offered me her old big screen, that will do me, I'll be popping over at the end of the month.

The most frustrating thing about not having a TV is watching the news at my desk instead of sitting on a comfortable sofa eating my tea. :(
PDC

Just go on Amazon and have it delivered next day, plenty of reviews on there as well.

Or if you want to go to a store to sort it out take some time off trading, getting it will let you trade more and take advantage of opportunities only available when you can see the pictures which will mean the tv pays for itself and the time you take off.

You never know, a few hours away from the screens may actually do you some good. If you feel you can't afford to take a few hours off I would reassess your situation as it isn't healthy to think like that.

Each to their own though.
PDC

Does anyone have any theory why Flemington has so much money stacked up compared to other tracks? I often sit struggling to get my orders matched at the front of the market then all of a sudden huge orders of a few thousand take out several prices, then the prices sit there with large amounts stacked up then bang in comes the large order again.

It feels to me like there is one big player in the Flemington markets and they are doing a lot of self matching.

Anyone got any thoughts?
Derek27

PDC wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:44 am
Just go on Amazon and have it delivered next day, plenty of reviews on there as well.

Or if you want to go to a store to sort it out take some time off trading, getting it will let you trade more and take advantage of opportunities only available when you can see the pictures which will mean the tv pays for itself and the time you take off.

You never know, a few hours away from the screens may actually do you some good. If you feel you can't afford to take a few hours off I would reassess your situation as it isn't healthy to think like that.

Each to their own though.
I have got other things to do besides trading so taking time off wouldn't help - getting a TV doesn't seem urgent to me. Even when the horses are on TV there's such a transmission delay that I close trade well before the last horse goes in and rely on Betfair Video for US racing. At the Races are much better now but there was a time when they would sometimes join the race literally three seconds before the off, so it's not much use. I've never regarded TV pictures as essential, just useful.

Having said that, it's good to see a horse win with your own eyes when you've still got the opportunity to back it. :)
Derek27

PDC wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:51 am
Does anyone have any theory why Flemington has so much money stacked up compared to other tracks? I often sit struggling to get my orders matched at the front of the market then all of a sudden huge orders of a few thousand take out several prices, then the prices sit there with large amounts stacked up then bang in comes the large order again.

It feels to me like there is one big player in the Flemington markets and they are doing a lot of self matching.

Anyone got any thoughts?
A lot of money is getting stacked up but at least the market is moving. It's a bit like trading in slow motion sometimes, I find I just need to be patient during the static periods. A large bet sometimes moves the market several ticks but another large bet often moves it back a few ticks.
Naffman

There was about 6 seconds between the live video jump and when the market suspended, if a fave gets a bad start it will push the SP out massively
PDC

Naffman wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:18 am
There was about 6 seconds between the live video jump and when the market suspended, if a fave gets a bad start it will push the SP out massively
Have seen that on a few markets recently. Betfair seem to have got a lot slower at turning markets inplay, not sure why. I saw one last week where 1-2 horse pre off hit 6-1 before the market went inplay and the SP was around 8-1. It messed the start up massively. Market was settled as normal.
PDC

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:30 am
Free cash at Rosehill. :D
Result of the day for me in the 0635 at Rosehill.

Rosehill has been excellent today.
Bog

Hi guys. New here! :D I have a question about trading Aussie markets! How do you "avoid" turnover charge? Or you can't?
From what I understand it's only for NSW markets? If I don't trade more than 25 NSW markets in a week I will not pay the charge?
Derek27

PDC wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:22 am
Naffman wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:18 am
Have seen that on a few markets recently. Betfair seem to have got a lot slower at turning markets inplay, not sure why. I saw one last week where 1-2 horse pre off hit 6-1 before the market went inplay and the SP was around 8-1. It messed the start up massively. Market was settled as normal.
They sometimes suspend the market two minutes after it's finished. :lol:

Return to “Trading Horse racing”