Australian racing

The sport of kings.
cappy77

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:54 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:33 pm
Looks like someone's got out the wrong side of the bed today :o
If cappy's resentment of me is shared by many, just say so. I'm happy to leave the forum to make way for this arsehole?

I don't know if it's just me and Halliday he doesn't like, or whether he's going to start slagging off others?
I posted one opinion and view that you did not like three days ago and you are still banging on and on and on about it no longer even in the same topic the comment was originally posted, now your resorting to a new low of childish name calling thats does not take a genius to work out why why this totally OTT reaction.
If your trying to get a rise out of me or bully me off the forum then im sorry neither is working.
PDC

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:43 am
Five left at Ascot as well.
How were the last few at Ascot Derek?

P.S. Can we keep the thread on track if at all possible.
spreadbetting

My Aus bot had a good night with both Flemington and Morp(?) picking up decent wins, almost makes me want to give it a go manually sometime.

Highlight was picking up £290 in the 4:30 Flem but plenty of other decent wins, was last night particularly liquid or some big meetings?

Untitled1.png
Last edited by spreadbetting on Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sionascaig

Collapsed in a heap about 2am but managed a profit (pennies) in all nine races traded (scalping)... Really enjoyed it though & hope to be back if I can adjust my sleep routine...

Respect to the all nighters!
PDC

spreadbetting wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:15 pm
My Aus bot had a good night with both Flemington and Morp(?) picking up decent wins, almost makes me want to give it a go manually sometime.

Highlight was picking up £290 in the 4:30 Flem but plenty of other decent wins, was last night particularly liquid or some big meetings?
Untitled1.png
Well done! That is some bot you have to have made over £1,250 whilst you sleep.

Last night was the last night of the Melbourne Cup meetings at Flemington that has been on last Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday and today.

Morp is Morphettville but that wasn't a particularly good meeting.

Did you have any other outliers other than the 0430? The rest of the P&L seemed to be £10 and under results.

I am not sure why the 0430 was particularly special also why did you stop the bot at 0459? There was still a lot more racing to go.
Dallas

PDC wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:32 pm
spreadbetting wrote:

Untitled1.png

Last night was the last night of the Melbourne Cup meetings at Flemington that has been on last Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday and today.

Did you have any other outliers other than the 0430? The rest of the P&L seemed to be £10 and under results.

I am not sure why the 0430 was particularly special also why did you stop the bot at 0459? There was still a lot more racing to go.
Excellent result with your automation there SB, I already have plans to get some automation in place on the Aus markets this winter myself but you and Gazuty are certainly helping that along :)

From what I've just read on the last page or two you ended on a good night too PDC so well done too
spreadbetting

PDC wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:32 pm
spreadbetting wrote:

Untitled1.png

Had quite a few 3 figure wins , it didn't stop at 4:59 that was just the top of that betting history page, it did around 140 markets over the night. It's bread and butter is the sub £10's but every now and then it'll pick up a decent win. I replaced the pic as it looked a bit boastful, 4 figure nights aren't too common, sadly. Flemington always seems to do well for some reason and made up more than half the night's profit, I should probably dump my data thru some analytics to see if there are any trends but never have the time.

The Aus markets remind me very much of the early days of Betfair and wish I could trade them manually but 4am starts never appeal enough for now.
PDC

I can remove the figures in my reply if you would like but I like to see such results as people don't often post them probably for the reasons you say but it does show what is possible for people.

With the volume of racing in Australia £10 a race is still a very nice amount. Do you run it on other days as well?

There is quite a bit of manipulation at Flemington, it isn't you is it ;) At least you seem to have them sussed out. Sunshine coast had quite a bit of manipulation last night I thought as well so would be interesting if you had good results there as well.

My mistake about you stopping the bot.

4am starts? More like before 1am, I wish it was 4am though!
Dallas wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:40 pm
From what I've just read on the last page or two you ended on a good night too PDC so well done too
I had a good night thanks Dallas, the better results came a bit earlier in the session but I had a decent enough finish as well. I would suggest trying to trade the second half of the markets as that is when they seem to come alive, it wasn't long after you went to bed things really picked up for me.

Perhaps you could start later and get some sleep before hand and then a little bit more after before the UK racing.

The markets quieten down in terms of quality in the December but also the next few weeks, sees much less quality compared to of late, no G1's next week. I don't actually mind that though tbh as I like the other tracks away from the big meetings.
spreadbetting

I run it every day as the Aus markets always seem to go to time or near enough for me, so they're perfect for botting. Plus there's just so many markets you don't need to get greedy when you've 1000 or so markets each week, the small wins soon add up when you're churning out that sort of volume. For some reason most of my weekly profits come from Wednesday's rather than the Fri/Sat, Mon/Tues are the lowest.

I've looked at the US racing in the past and start times are a nightmare plus liquidity on those markets seems to have dropped off a cliff from the old days whereas the AUS stuff always seems to be liquid enough for me.
JasBarrow

Some fantastic results well done to everyone.

Is there a website where you can preview the upcoming Australian racing that sows race type, prize money etc....?
PDC

JasBarrow wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:02 pm
Some fantastic results well done to everyone.

Is there a website where you can preview the upcoming Australian racing that sows race type, prize money etc....?
These are my 3 most used sites:

Next months schedule by state: http://www.racingaustralia.horse/Home.a ... 10/11/2018

Upcoming schedule by day, can filter by TAB and major race meetings: https://www.racenet.com.au/horse-racing ... splayName=

Group races by date and course: https://www.horseracinginfo.com.au/aust ... -races.php
Derek27

PDC wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:46 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:43 am
Five left at Ascot as well.
How were the last few at Ascot Derek?

P.S. Can we keep the thread on track if at all possible.
I just traded the next three, did okay but not as profitable as Flemington and Rosehill. False start in the Ascot Gold Cup, three withdrawals resulting in a good green almost wiped out!
Derek27

spreadbetting wrote:

Untitled1.png
Nice work SB. How did your bot do on the 7:40 Ascot?

The reason I ask is that I had greened-up for a few quid profit in a not so eventful market. After the false start (I think a ten-minute delay while they checked the barriers) the market was reopened it went mental and it was almost like scalping Randwick. Just wondering if there was a lot of bot activity taking place.

(How did your bots get on Shaun?)
Naffman

Think there were 3 non runners Derek, 2 were trading at about $4
spreadbetting

Made just under £60 between win and place, I was in and out before the off time on that one so any false starts wouldn't have affected me
Untitled.png
Had 3 runners voided in the race Naffman 8. First Affair 5. Cappo Doro 4. Royal Star , odds were around 36,5 and 4 respectively

Return to “Trading Horse racing”