Australian racing

The sport of kings.
PDC

If it hadn't been for Randwick today would have been very disappointing.
eightbo

Flemington > Me. That is all.
Derek27

Not quite as good as last week but I'm happy enough.
Naffman

Surprised you guys are still allowed to trade Randwick ;)

Flemington was by far the best meeting for me
Derek27

14 from 16 today, too tired for the last at Flemington - calling it a night. :D
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:35 am

I keep my stakes down and avoid short-priced favourites at Randwick. Today the turnover charge would have wiped out half my profits if I had to pay it but on a not so good day it would wipe out the lot and more.
Naffman

Heavy manipulation in last race Flem
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:45 am
Naffman wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:35 am

I keep my stakes down and avoid short-priced favourites at Randwick. Today the turnover charge would have wiped out half my profits if I had to pay it but on a not so good day it would wipe out the lot and more.
I'll keep it hush don't worry Derek ;)
Derek27

The calm after the storm, liquidity is non-existent, as it often is Sunday mornings.
AussieDaz

I'm a new member here & relatively new to trading races.

Based in Australia obviously the Australian races appeal most to me for the times but I was skeptical about whether they could be traded profitably with the limited liquidity of the markets. I have read through this entire thread over the last 2 days & just wanted to say thanks for all the contributions - they have taught me a lot. Especially thankful for the links for media coverage and what I could read between the lines for strategies. Didn't even know about the turnover charge before reading this - and I have to say when I called up Betair their customer service rep did a shocking job of giving answers to my questions when I asked for knowledge of what the fees would be given practical examples.

Now off to discover what the rest of the forum has to offer - any suggestions where I start first?
Derek27

Welcome to the forum AussizDaz, I'm quite impressed that you got through this thread in two days, I've only read from the point of joining.

If you look at theBetfair trading / Sports Trading page you'll find a lot of useful treads, such as trading for newbies, trading psychology, etc. Good luck.
AussieDaz

Thanks Derek, I've got a lot to read & learn.

Gotta say ; just like everyone else; I'm impressed with your ability to trade both UK and Australian markets - I plan to do the same as it suits my family life - but I will be doing it in reverse!

From what I have seen Monday & Tuesday seem to be a traders weekend? This fits in with my partner who is a chef and doesn't work these days. When I think about it this may not be a great plan! :shock:
Derek27

4:42 Rockhampton less than 30 seconds late!
Derek27

3:25 Cranbourne off almost bang on time - don't know how they do it!!

Just as well the Aussies are so punctual as I'm away from home and on a mobile connection, can't watch the racing.

Don't want to be taken for a ride by those past-posting scumbags. :D
Euler

AussieDaz wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:16 pm
From what I have seen Monday & Tuesday seem to be a traders weekend? This fits in with my partner who is a chef and doesn't work these days. When I think about it this may not be a great plan! :shock:
In the summer in the UK there is little racing and little quality on a Monday and Tuesday and it peaks on a Saturday like it does in Australia. Generally you get two or three-day meetings starting late in the week and peaking on Saturday.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”