Australian racing

The sport of kings.
Derek27

Started off really well but got caught out by a weaker market at Randwick.
mcgoo

Cats (ours) are vomiting in Aus too.Must be a thing 8-) :D Left a bot running ..came back to + $27 after 26 markets :mrgreen:
Stopped it (not entirely clear on why it won so doing some research). :ugeek:
PDC

Cards37 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:30 am
Markets decent today!
Small steady profits today adding up nicely, with the odd bigger win. Finding Flem is trading the best of all the courses for me
Derek27

mcgoo wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:11 am
Cats (ours) are vomiting in Aus too.Must be a thing 8-) :D Left a bot running ..came back to + $27 after 26 markets :mrgreen:
Strange, I thought it was a summer time phenomenon. It's around 25 degrees in the UK, which is warmer than usual.
mcgoo

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:19 am
mcgoo wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:11 am
Strange, I thought it was a summer time phenomenon. It's around 25 degrees in the UK, which is warmer than usual.
Yeah in our case it is probably that the cat takes on the Australian wildlife..lizards...year round. :roll: ..every now and again its Dead Lizard 1 and Cats Gut 0 :D
Derek27

I could swear somebody was getting his back and lay bets mixed up in the 05:30 at Randwick. Either that or some people think you back low and lay high. :D
Derek27

Another good scalp. :D
Dagny, 06-10 Randwick.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Really enjoyed this morning, don't care if I oversleep this afternoon. :D
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:19 am
Yes its traded well, especially the last hour
Derek27

£12,000 was dumped on this one at 4.6. It was taken in a flash!
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Halliday

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:19 am
Don’t know why more people don’t follow Aussie racing, really enjoyed today, and six winners on the Flemington card for jockey Craig Williams..( did anyone note how this affected the odds of his rides as he rode winner after winner ?) and beaten in a photo otherwise it might have been seven.Spent a year or two over here mainly riding for Mick Channon. Think he rode the mighty Queens Logic when she won on debut .

One of his winners was the ex Jeremy Noseda trained Sixties Groove, interesting to follow the many ex British horses running over there.
spreadbetting

Halliday wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:17 pm

Don’t know why more people don’t follow Aussie racing,
The time difference is the simple reason I never trade them manually but I can understand why Derek does the night shift as they are easy to profit from. They remind me very much of the early days on Betfair and don't seem to have the manipulation or saturation of traders that maybe the UK markets have. I think if maybe I was younger and had that hunger I'd stay up and trade them a few nights a week but for now I just bot them. That brings in decent amounts just simply because of the volume of races, I woke up this morning and the bots had done over 200 markets already , when you think the UK and IRE will do that in a week you'd be a fool not to realise the opportunities will be there.
Halliday

spreadbetting wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:07 pm
Halliday wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:17 pm

Don’t know why more people don’t follow Aussie racing,
The time difference is the simple reason I never trade them manually but I can understand why Derek does the night shift as they are easy to profit from. They remind me very much of the early days on Betfair and don't seem to have the manipulation or saturation of traders that maybe the UK markets have. I think if maybe I was younger and had that hunger I'd stay up for them a few nights a week but for now I just bot them. That brings in decent amounts just simply because of the volume of races, I woke up this morning and the bots had done over 200 markets already when you think the UK and IRE will do that in a week you'd be a fool not to realise the opportunities will be there.

Agree the manipulation isn’t as obvious and definitely less than most uk markets, liquidity seems better than it used to be , and from someone who enjoys racing as a sport , the quality of racing at the metropolitan tracks is good. Plus I like the number of ex British horses ( usually staying types ) that now race over there .

But purely from a trading aspect good opportunities to be had
Derek27

In case anyone's just got up, Townsville's been put back one race.
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:56 am
In case anyone's just got up, Townsville's been put back one race.
Thanks Derek

Return to “Trading Horse racing”