Australian racing

The sport of kings.
Derek27

Thanks Naffman. I thought I better check after getting Warwick and Warwick Farm confused. I've never heard of Kensington other than the one in London.

It's quite confusing with so many Aussie tracks named after places in the UK. :)
Halliday

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:02 am
Is Sandown Hillside (VIC, Thursday) an extended name for Sandown or is it a different track?
It’s the same track ... Hillside is the outer track and Lakeside the inner track.. they use the same back and home straight and same bends past the winning post and into the back straight .. its just the bends at the other end of the track that are different, outer bends are Hillside,which gives it the greater circumference.

Think Sandown is also known as Ladbroke Park ( one of its many name changes, having previously been William Hill Park !!)

Light Fingers won the Sandown Guineas way back(1964) and went on to become the first of Bart Cummings twelve Melbourne Cup winners
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Halliday

Naffman wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:28 am
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:02 am
Is Sandown Hillside (VIC, Thursday) an extended name for Sandown or is it a different track?
It's on tomorrow and I think its the inside track (you've probably seen Randwick called Kensington as well)
Yep.. Kensington is the All Weather track on the inside of Randwick’s turf course
Halliday

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:39 am
Thanks Naffman. I thought I better check after getting Warwick and Warwick Farm confused. I've never heard of Kensington other than the one in London.

It's quite confusing with so many Aussie tracks named after places in the UK. :)
Just added link with details of metropolitan tracks,( better liquidity ) and I’m guessing you use Racenet site which has all details of tracks etc.

Also added link to nz trackside radio( tho you probably use it ) as gives most commentaries live thru the night,and during the day, including some meetings not on ATR etc I usually have it on all the time if I’m trading thru the night

https://www.tab.co.nz/help/tv-radio/rad ... kside.html

https://www.horseracinginfo.com.au/metr ... -clubs.htm
Derek27

Halliday wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:14 am
Think Sandown is also known as Ladbroke Park ( one of its many name changes, having previously been William Hill Park !!)
Thanks Halliday. That explains why I see the name of a bookie instead of the track on racing.com - free live video of some tracks.
Derek27

Just noticed, I think I'm in profit at all or nearly all Metropolitan tracks, definitely the ones to focus on. :)
Halliday

Just reading a few articles before the Aussie Racing today ....First list of international invites ( all currently priced 25/1 or bigger ) gone out for the Cox Plate in October to take on Winx.Don’t expect many if any to take up the offer. But would be nice to see a few genuine top class horses from overseas to take her on. Tho I suspect it will be the likes of old rivals Humidor etc that take her on again

CRACKSMAN UK John Gosden
BENBATL UAE Saeed bin Suroor
ALMOND EYE JPN Sakae Kunieda
RECOLETOS FR Carlos Laffon-Parias
MOZU ASCOT JPN Yoshito Yahagi
POET’S WORD UK Sir Michael Stoute
LANCASTER BOMBER IRE Aidan O’Brien
YOSHIDA USA William Mott
THUNDER SNOW UAE Saeed bin Suroor
EPOCA D’ORO JPN Hideaki Fujiwara
SAXON WARRIOR IRE Aidan O’Brien
MENDELSSOHN IRE Aidan O’Brien
PERSIAN KNIGHT JPN Yasutoshi Ikee
Derek27

Good start to the morning. Now what race shall I miss to clean up the cat's vomit. :evil:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

5 out of 5 so far - and the cat's vomit cleaned up. :D
Cards37

Markets decent today!
Derek27

Started off really well but got caught out by a weaker market at Randwick.
mcgoo

Cats (ours) are vomiting in Aus too.Must be a thing 8-) :D Left a bot running ..came back to + $27 after 26 markets :mrgreen:
Stopped it (not entirely clear on why it won so doing some research). :ugeek:
PDC

Cards37 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:30 am
Markets decent today!
Small steady profits today adding up nicely, with the odd bigger win. Finding Flem is trading the best of all the courses for me
Derek27

mcgoo wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:11 am
Cats (ours) are vomiting in Aus too.Must be a thing 8-) :D Left a bot running ..came back to + $27 after 26 markets :mrgreen:
Strange, I thought it was a summer time phenomenon. It's around 25 degrees in the UK, which is warmer than usual.
mcgoo

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:19 am
mcgoo wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:11 am
Strange, I thought it was a summer time phenomenon. It's around 25 degrees in the UK, which is warmer than usual.
Yeah in our case it is probably that the cat takes on the Australian wildlife..lizards...year round. :roll: ..every now and again its Dead Lizard 1 and Cats Gut 0 :D

Return to “Trading Horse racing”