Australian racing

The sport of kings.
Naffman

These metro melbourne meetings have no natural flow about them anymore
Derek27

Randwick was quite weak and volatile but I reckon as the season gets in full flow things will be back to normal.
Derek27

Four Group 2 races at Rosehill, should be a good night. :D
Derek27

There's free money being handed out again at Rosehill, to anyone who wants it. :D
PDC

Got to love the Ozzies for getting races off on time, all horses in the gate 30 seconds before the off at Doomben R3, then fav plays up, taken out the gates, vetted, scratched and field still off less than 60 seconds past post time!

Followed by a 15 runner handicap scheduled 6 minutes later that is off less than 30 seconds after the scheduled time.

Just goes to show that it can be done if the track staff want to make it happen!
mcgoo

My word..I truly have found something I love doing and truly truly suck at... :o :shock: :? :P
Derek27

Feeling really sleepy, despite only being up 15 hours, so had a lie down and missed three races. :(

But Rosehill is the land of fairies where nothing goes wrong - feel I've made up for it already on the 5:35. :D
PDC

No wonder you feel asleep, you must be sleeping on a comfy bed of £50 notes with all this free money at Rosehill Derek ;)
PDC

The Victorian Moone Valley it's usual manipulated self (Edit: I should have also said that this horse shortened up quite a few points). What is it about the main Victorian track each week that means it is so manipulated each week?

Moone Valley Manip.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PDC on Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcgoo

Have to say I did better on that last Rosehill race than I have done on anything all day..13 scalps :shock:
Derek27

mcgoo wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:48 am
Have to say I did better on that last Rosehill race than I have done on anything all day..13 scalps :shock:
I love the speed and noise in the Aussie markets. Once you've found a good scalping position the bets sometimes get matched as quickly as you can submit them. :D
mcgoo

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:02 am
mcgoo wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:48 am
I love the speed and noise in the Aussie markets. Once you've found a good scalping position the bets sometimes get matched as quickly as you can submit them. :D
Just did 14 at MVal :shock: ..might be the beer :mrgreen: :mrgreen:..Edit: and rock music on the headphones
Edit2: Must be on a roll..10 at Belmont
Lutruwita

Email from Betfair.
In response to various Australian State/Territory Governments introducing Point of Consumption (POC) taxes on wagering revenue, Betfair wishes to advise of upcoming changes to the Discount Rate available to our customers.

These changes are not something that we take lightly. Nationally, POC taxes impose an incremental 11% tax that Betfair must pay on top of Product Fees and GST (approximately 40% and 9.1% of wagering revenue respectively). After POC taxes, Betfair will pay approximately 60% of its wagering revenues in fees and taxes before operational expenditure, payroll and company tax, and capital expenditure.

Betfair works hard to educate State/Territory politicians as to the uniqueness of the betting exchange and the importance of our punters to the broader wagering industry. We will continue to work hard to provide our customers the best possible prices while remaining a viable business.

We advise that, from 1 October 2018, the discount on the Market Base Rate for Betfair’s customers will change....

Unfortunately, the ladder change by itself is not enough to deal with the significant incremental tax, and therefore Betfair has made the decision to introduce caps on the Discount Rate by State/Territory.

To view your current Betfair Points balance and to ensure that your address and contact details are up to date, log in at www.betfair.com.au, head to My Account, and select My Betfair Account from the drop down menu.

The amended Customer Terms and Conditions, and further information on the changes described above and how a POC tax impacts a low margin operator like Betfair, can be found on Betfair’s Hub website.
Derek27

That's a relief, I thought they were going to pull the plug on Australian racing. :)

I've just looked that the T&C and can't find anything about the new discount rates.
Wildly

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:08 am
That's a relief, I thought they were going to pull the plug on Australian racing.
Derek,
Do you understand that by continuing to trade on NSW thoroughbred markets that incur turnover charge, you increase the likelihood of the plug being pulled ?

Return to “Trading Horse racing”