Farcical!!! - Manipulation of Betfair odds

The sport of kings.
TheRiddler

hgodden wrote:Interesting theory but aren't betfair really hot on money laundering? Maybe he's spreading risk across other runners surreptiously
What yo do not see remains invisible no matter how hot you/they may try.
steven1976

I like the footballer theory. Possibly even a footballer collecting bets for fellow footballers and offering at prices profitable to himself and therefore letting them go into play. A whisper from a golf course was that a certain wealthy utd player who sits on the bench these days is running a book for premier players.
PeterLe

Hi

Did anyone trade the markets this afternoon? If so would you mind answering a question? (I left a program running, but I was unable to watch the markets as I was traveling all day...just want to go over my results, which can be distorted by these large bets..)...

I just want to know if there were any large bets that were fired in in the pre play markets. When I say "Large" I mean typical of the size this forum thread talks about...

Thanks in advance
regards
Peter
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

I didn't see anything radically unusual this afternoon. Was an ok day but nothing special and I didn't get caught out by anything strange. I guess others should comment before you trust my interpretation of proceedings.
oddstrader

The first race of the day at Ayr "Man of the Match" i think was the name of the winner had a huge gamble take place, smelt of the infamous gambler Patrick Veitch and the horse duly obliged - huge figures appeared to be matched , but other than that race nothing else flagged up Peter.
PeterLe

Thanks Gents
Strangely enough - That first race was the main loss of the day i notice from my log. I laid it at 2.28 4 minutes out and just before the off it had dropped to 2.12

Thanks for the help anyway
regards
Peter
JollyGreen

Man of the Match was a well supported horse with the bookies all morning, but It was a surprise drifter early on Betfair and swapped positions with Red Riverman.

It was a weak market and if Patrick Veitch had backed it then the price would've collapsed below 2.00.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Quiet week for this guy so far, curious isn't it?
jimrobo

there was a 250k bet thrown in tonight on one of the shorter priced ones. Couldn;t believe someone actually had the balls and bank to hold the price from drifting at around 1.5 but they did and boy did it shake some traders out of the tree!!!
andyfuller

Bet Angel wrote:Quiet week for this guy so far, curious isn't it?
I felt that 'they' or someone was quite active but just using much smaller stakes to the really large ones we have seen and were quite active away from the fav.

the thousands on three prices kept being staked up with the counter order then the usual removal and market reaction or the other trick of just holding the price steady.
hgodden

Bet Angel wrote:Quiet week for this guy so far, curious isn't it?
Maybe they were looking for new investors ;)
Exacta

:lol:
Ica73

Hi all,

Usually I gain 700-800 euro per day but from 25 agoust i have made:

25/8 +21
26/8 -220
27/8 -180

All what I touch became shit... The market is changed completly in this week...
this is only for me or for all? I trade on all horses (not only fav)

thx
Jam

Hi Ica73,

I agree that the markets were different this week I normally earn 10% to 15% a day on my bank but last week I only made 19%. I found the spikes in the week before a lot easier to deal with.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Don't post much on this thread now as it is so common, but this one caught my eye. Yes it was a group race, but it was at Dundalk?!?! On this occasion I just worked around him and used the flat line on this horse to my benefit on others and it worked well.
100101 - Manipulator - Dundalk.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”