Average wins trade.

The sport of kings.
Szmout

Hi,
I am a beginner trader. I deal only several months. I have a question. I try full time trade. I check my last 400 trade, and my average wins is 82%. Loose 18%. Is this a good result? The only pity is that the loose transactions are high :( How it looks at you?

Sorry for my english.

Thanks for reply :)
JollyGreen

That's pretty good! Peter lists the average winning trade at 80% so you're above average.

You just have to learn to cut out the losing trades a bit quicker.

If you win 1 tick on your winners but lose 4 on the losers then you're only just ahead. If your losers move to 5 then you will find yourself losing overall. A lot of new traders close the winners too quickly which restricts their profit and then stubbornly refuse to close a loser as it gets bigger and bigger!
Szmout

Thanks for your reply. I usually try to catch 1-2 tick profit. Sometimes I can feel swing and I use. Everyone knows that feeling as the price goes in the wrong direction, but you wait until you come back... It is without doubt my biggest problem. I know that. I have to learn to cut losses. It is exactly as you say, I let the loss to increase and i cut profit to short :)

Very comforting for me is the fact that 80% is a good result.

I also found it much easier to feel drift. I don't know what it depends, perhaps since the drift is more than a steam ... I do not know

Once again, thank you. Any advice is important to me
PeterLe

Hi
To some extent the winning ratio (in percentage terms) are irrelevant...so dont get too hung up over them..
I have one auto system that wins on average 46%..but the wins are significantly higher than the losses...so over the course of the month it does ok.
I guess if you are trading manually; the secret is as per the last comment :Cut out your losses early..
regards
Peter
PS One great bit of advice I took from Peters course was about the need for detailed record taking..just recently I was comparing results from April last year with October and I knew why my results were different across the period. Good Luck!
nhughz

What records does everyone keep??

Currently i record only daily profit/loss and the strike rate of my trades...
PeterLe

Hi
If you havent already got it...there is a great spreadsheet on this forum from NigelK. You can easily add extra columns (or worksheets and keep daily notes)..
Regards
Peter
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Here is the direct link: -

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=133

It's your overall expectancy that you need to get right so bear than in mind. Strike rates will vary with your style.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”