Recharge and Review

The sport of kings.
Stewart

With the weather taking a grip and the fixtures thin on the ground I am taking a break until Boxing day.

I want a white Christmas (not for a trade!) but I can't remember the last time we had one and as a family man, my young children (I will as well) will love it.

On the other hand I love Boxing day for the racing and the other sports, so I want the snow to melt by then!!

My personal journey with Trading started last December when I attended the Betangel course - it wasn't until June this year that I started to trade though. Learning to manage yourself is the key aspect in trading. Constantly review your performance and keep calm - you will lose but manage your losses. Avoid being too confident and avoid being too down when it seems that every trade goes wrong.

Study the reasons why it went wrong - I learnt that I was able to get the direction of a trade right but my execution was wrong. This meant losses and trades that were closed at a fraction of profit of that which I could have achieved.

To be successful (in anything) you must repeat what you do well and get rid of what doesn't work. Do trail and refine not trial and error. To do this keep records and even videos of your trading. I tend to analyse everything including my set up, environment, my mindset, my performance etc etc. Fabio Capello is a good roll model for me - the devil is in the detail.

Obviously the market is dynamic and changes subtly - one of the best pieces advice I was given (by a certain Mr Peter Webb) was ‘focus on what you can control not what you can't’.

I am looking forward to spending time over the holidays with my family but also looking forward to looking at new/refining my strategies for next year.

I would like to thank the Betangel team for the software and guidance, also the forum community who are a welcome positive influence in a lonely business.

Here's wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a fantastic 2010 - I can't wait :)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”