Identify the pre-match favourite

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Jossy_79

Hi,

I'd like to create a signal to identify when the pre-match favourite has scored a goal. I've been playing around by setting a signal based upon the historic relative odds condition but I'm coming to the conclusion this won't work. Any tips?

Thanks!

Jossy
mcgoo

If ActualSP doesn't work-which it doesn't seem to in Tennis (notwithstanding ignorance on my part)..use a signal to identify when the fav is x ticks below 2nd fav x sec after the off..
-->condition:market is is In Play.
That might help.Good luck :)
Jossy_79

Thanks! I couldn't find ActualSP as a variable to put in a condition though?

This did get me thinking however - I think I can 'fix the order of the market selections' at the start of the match and then make sure my signal applies to the selection 'nominated in row 1'?

Jossy
Jossy_79

On the subject of 'fix the order of the market selections' - should I:

1. Ensure that the "Selection (conditions only)" is set to "ANY selection" and then set it to fire multiple times?
2. Create three separate rules fixing each selection?
3. Just set up one rule and don't worry about the "Selection (conditions only)" because the rule will fix all selections by default?

Thanks in advance,

Jossy
Jossy_79

Think I'm being an idiot. If I fix row 1 when sorted by favouritism then I fix the favourite no matter what?

Does that leave the other two still sorted by Betfair order, i.e. the draw is still in row 3? I'm thinking not. So how do I now identify the row for the draw?

Just by way of explanation - I'm creating a rule for laying the draw and looking to green up if the dog scores but just cover the draw if the favourite scores.
Dallas

Using the rule 'Set/Modify signal' applied to 'By position (sorted in order of favourtism) 1'
armed at or near KO
you can set a signal on the fav, then use that signal as a condition later in the match to identify which was the fav.

you could create 2 more rules applied to the 2nd and 3rd fav then you would have signals on each that can be used later in the match.
Jossy_79

Thanks Dallas.

Quick clarification - I'm used to setting a signal to identify that a goal has been scored but that's not related to a selection in any way, i.e. my conditions on betting then look to the signal to indicate if a goal has (or hasn't) been scored. How do you use a signal to identify a selection? As a shortcut; do you have an example file I could look at?

Appreciate the help,

Jossy
Dallas

Jossy_79 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:24 pm
Thanks Dallas.

Quick clarification - I'm used to setting a signal to identify that a goal has been scored but that's not related to a selection in any way, i.e. my conditions on betting then look to the signal to indicate if a goal has (or hasn't) been scored. How do you use a signal to identify a selection? As a shortcut; do you have an example file I could look at?

Appreciate the help,

Jossy
On your back/lay rule (applied to ANY selection) if you have a historical relative odds cond that the selections price is now 15 ticks (or thereabouts) less now than it was 60 secs ago.
Then add a 'signal set condition' and test for the signal name being set you have just done on the fav

If no signal is set on the selection who odds drop in ticks then the rule wont trigger as it must be the 2nd fav who scored
Jossy_79

Hi Dallas,

I'd not realised you could set a signal specifically on a selection as well as a market! Doh! Is this correct to set the signal on the favourite?

- Rule type "Set / Modify a Signal Only"
- Applies to selection "in position 1 (sorted in order of favouritism)"
- Signal for Current Selection
- Action "Increment Signal Value"
- Signal name "Favourite"

Sadly I'm now confused about the use of the historical relative odds cond. I'm used to setting a condition like this on the draw row to trigger the rule when the odds have gone up since a suspension. However, this is different as it will trigger when the odds go down?

Additionally, when you wrote "On your back/lay rule (applied to ANY selection)" does this mean I should set General, Applies to selection "ANY selection". If you do then I'm confused as I would have thought that we were trying to trigger the back bet on the draw row?

I realise it's a big ask but it would really help if you could explain the logic in a little more detail!

Thanks,

Jossy
Dallas

Yes, those settings can be used to set a signal on the fav.

There are many ways to trigger a bet the example I gave earlier was just one of several so whichever you feel comfortablest with and that works for you is worth sticking with.
An example file in the shared files section that 'Signals when goals are scored' does indeed use an historical relative odds cond on the draw odds
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=12490
Jossy_79

Really do appreciate you sticking with me :-)

So we've definitely accomplished one thing - I now completely understand how signals work! I've even improved a few of my second half automations thanks to that post.

However, I still don't think I have the hang of integrating the favourite into my lay the draw in the way you explained. That said, I reckon I might have figured out how to do it in a slightly more complicated way. Would you mind running your eyes over it?

This is what I've set up:

Set signal on favourite:
- Signal for Current Selection
- Signal name "Favourite"

Lay the draw:
- Rule type "Place Lay Bet"
- Applies to selection "in row 3 (betfair order)"
- Place at "Best market price"
- Stake "By liability (Back & Lay) 10"

Set a signal if the favourite scores:
- Conditions
- Unsuspended Time condition is greater than 60 seconds
- Historic Relative Odds condition Current (ANY selection) Last Traded price Now greater than Current (ANY selection) Last Traded price 65 seconds ago plus 10 ticks
- Condition type “Signal Set condition”, Is the signal named "Favourite" for "the selection", "set with a value", Selection "Current ( position 1 (sorted in order of favouritism) )"
- Signal for Market
- Signal name "Favourite goal"

I reckon this will identify a goal, look for the current favourite, check if it was the original favourite and then set a signal to reference later. I'm assuming that even if a serious underdog scores they will always become the favourite?
Jossy_79

PART 2:

Back the draw if favourite scores:
- Rule type "Place Back Bet"
- Applies to selection "in row 3 (betfair order)"
- Place at "Best market price"
- Stake "By liability (Back & Lay) 10"
- Conditions
- Unsuspended Time condition is greater than 65 seconds
- Historic Relative Odds condition Current (ANY selection) Last Traded price Now greater than Current (ANY selection) Last Traded price 70 seconds ago plus 10 ticks
- Condition type “Signal Set condition”, Is the signal named "Favourite goal" for "the market", "set with a value"

Green up if dog scores:
- Rule type "Close Trade on Selection With Greening"
- Allow rule to trigger up to "3" times, Wait "20" seconds before rearming (is it worth triggering this more?)
- Conditions
- Unsuspended Time condition is greater than 65 seconds
- Green All profit > 0
- Condition type “Signal Set condition”, Is the signal named "Favourite goal" for "the market", "NOT set with a value"

What do you think??
Dallas

I reckon this will identify a goal, look for the current favourite, check if it was the original favourite and then set a signal to reference later. I'm assuming that even if a serious underdog scores they will always become the favourite?

Not nessecerily, the draw could become the fav if the dog scores first, the draw odds will always shorten that for sure after a opener by the dog.

From your 1st post

Set signal on favourite:

That rule set up is correct

Set a signal if the favourite scores:

On your rule above you wont be able to use 'ANY' Historic Relative Odds condition because one of them will shorten no matter who scores

Lay the draw:

With no conditions this will trigger as soon as its armed

From your 2nd post

Back the draw if favourite scores:

Same problem as the Historic Relative Odds condition above

Green up if dog scores:

Nothing much to stop this triggerin prematuly

Your not all that far off over all its just a minor error here or there with a condition etc.

If you let me know what it is you want to do ill tell you the best way to do it,
ie, back draw if fav scores first (if not do nothing) green up after 60 mins etc
Jossy_79

Thanks a million for your help.

I'd like to amend my very simple First Half LTD to now do this:

Lay the FH Draw, 10-20 mins, < 2.50 (I didn't include this detail but it is in my baf)
If the favourite scores then Back the Draw to cover Lay liability and leave the rest on there not being a draw at HT
If the dog scores then green up (don't green up if the favourite has scored)

Simple. Unless you're me of course :-)

Thanks again,

Jossy
Dallas

Jossy_79 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:30 pm
Thanks a million for your help.

I'd like to amend my very simple First Half LTD to now do this:

Lay the FH Draw, 10-20 mins, < 2.50 (I didn't include this detail but it is in my baf)
If the favourite scores then Back the Draw to cover Lay liability and leave the rest on there not being a draw at HT
If the dog scores then green up (don't green up if the favourite has scored)

Simple. Unless you're me of course :-)

Thanks again,

Jossy
Sorry must of missed this, have you managed to sort it yet?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”