Signal when Goals are Scored Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

iain3 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:12 am
Thanks Dallas,

Now on 20 milliseconds. Hopefully it will now start working :-)

Iain.
I found the problems with your rule;

On your lay rule add a 'signal set condition'
is the signal on market
named 'goal'
set with a value

also remove the 'Green all profit condition' from your lay rule and put it on your 'green up' rule
(at the moment your saying place lay bet if profit is >£0 which of course it isn't as no bet has been placed yet therefore it cant trigger.

I would also place the lay at 2nd/3rd best market price just to ensure it has a better chance of being matched when its placed
iain3

Dallas, thank you so much for all your help and patience. Seriously appreciated!

Iain.
iain3

I've just tried this on some matches that started at 11am, but on all of them that have now gone in-play, it's placed the Lay bet at 11am too.

There is not much liquidity, which I'm sure is likely the reason and the odds between the back and lay prices are in some cases very large indeed. I know I can add a Volume condition, but is there anything I can add to ensure it won't bet if there is a large gap between back and lay prices?

EDIT: Since I started writing this post, another bet has got matched again practically at KO, but this time the market had nearly £5,000 matched and the odds were close, so maybe it's not a liquidity issue?

Also, despite having the Off-set bet percentage to 50%, it greened out to £0.00. Does the Green All Profit Condition in my Green Up Rule override the off-set bet percentage setting?

Iain.
Dallas

iain3 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:11 am
I've just tried this on some matches that started at 11am, but on all of them that have now gone in-play, it's placed the Lay bet at 11am too.

There is not much liquidity, which I'm sure is likely the reason and the odds between the back and lay prices are in some cases very large indeed. I know I can add a Volume condition, but is there anything I can add to ensure it won't bet if there is a large gap between back and lay prices?

EDIT: Since I started writing this post, another bet has got matched again practically at KO, but this time the market had nearly £5,000 matched and the odds were close, so maybe it's not a liquidity issue?

Also, despite having the Off-set bet percentage to 50%, it greened out to £0.00. Does the Green All Profit Condition in my Green Up Rule override the off-set bet percentage setting?

Iain.
Did you add the 'signal set condition' to your lay rule as above? that would explain why the lays triggering immediately after KO
Yes the greening rule will override an offset if its conditions are met, you could set your green up rule to arm after 1min

The 'relative odds condition' can be used to check there is no gaps between the back and lay price,
ie selections back price
is equal to its lay price
minus 1 tick
iain3

Thanks again, Dallas.

I did indeed add the 'signal set condition' to my lay rule as you suggested. I've attached a screengrab.

For the Green Up to Arm after 60 seconds: is this using the Unsuspended Time Condition and set to greater than 60 seconds.

I've also used the Relative Odds Condition as suggested.

Really sorry for giving you all this hassle, Dallas.

Iain.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

In that image you are setting another signal (when the lay triggers)

you need to remove that and go onto the 'conditions' tab and add a 'signal set condition' set up as follows
is the signal on market
named 'goal'
set with a value

That will instruct your lay to trigger only after the signal 'goal' has been set by the odds moving 10 ticked
iain3

Thanks ever so much, Dallas,

I think I've done everything correctly now. Would you mind taking a quick look at the attached rules file, please?

Iain.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
iain3

I'm guessing I've still got something wrong as I've been trying this on lots more matches where there have been some matches where the odds have been close and some goals, but no bets being placed.

I'm frustrating myself, so sincere apologies for most likely frustrating you too.

Iain.
Dallas

Give this a go, had to do it quickly between tennis severs :) so do in practice or low stakes
iain3

I really appreciate that - thank you so much, Dallas.

When I try to import it, I get an error saying it was created with a different version of BetAngel. I've seen on some other posts here where that has happened, they've been using older versions - but it appears that I'm not. I'm on 1.47.0, which appears to be the latest version?
https://www.betangel.com/download/

Iain.
Dallas

Recent rules (including this edit) have been done using V1.48.1
https://www.betangel.com/securedownload ... _beta1.exe
iain3

Brilliant, Dallas - thanks so much for all your help. Really appreciate your time!

Iain.
ged1200

Hi Dallas. I'd like to place a back bet in the CS market after a goal, or more than one goal, has been scored. I have read through this thread and very much appreciate your efforts with the goals signals solutions here but I am concerned about the risk of using the historical relevant odds condition. The odds movements (and time duration of those movements) will differ each time a goal is scored and in different matches there will be different movements of odds (and different time durations). Add in the unpredictability of the timing of the suspended period in each case plus the red card risk and reliability would seem to be an issue?

Is there any future development of automation in the offing that might resolve this?

I will probably apply the back rule(s) manually as and when a goal is scored. What is the easiest way to do this? Add the rule(s) to the chosen matches in Guardian each time a goal is scored (seems a little cumbersome)? Or can they be added pre match and triggered when needed (manually)?

Many thanks
Dallas

The problem is Betfair dont make the live scores available via their API, once they do life will become much easier as a series of conditions could be added to the automation (practically overnight) the same as there is for tennis markets that would allow bets/trades to be triggered from them.

Until then the use of signals is the best work around. As you have not pointed out its not perfect and cant be used in every match as a blanket approach without some tweaking but with a bit of testing you can find a set of variables that will work 99% of the time in the match odds and over/under markets depending on the game your trading.

For example in a game with equally matched teams the draw odds will always drifts 10 or more ticks following a goal - however if one team is a strong fav and the underdog scores the draw odds will usually shorten slightly but certainly wont drift, therefore a different variable is required for these type of games.

The CS market is a little more difficult and tbh not one that i have traded much so im not overly familiar with how far the odds would move after a goal so to use signals on them would require a bit of testing to get right
ged1200

Thanks Dallas. Pity Betfair won't play ball - pardon the pun.

How about the manual triggering query? Am I missing something obvious re applying auto rules to matches (pre-match?) and then triggering manually?

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Football”