Identify the pre-match favourite

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Jossy_79

Really do appreciate you sticking with me :-)

So we've definitely accomplished one thing - I now completely understand how signals work! I've even improved a few of my second half automations thanks to that post.

However, I still don't think I have the hang of integrating the favourite into my lay the draw in the way you explained. That said, I reckon I might have figured out how to do it in a slightly more complicated way. Would you mind running your eyes over it?

This is what I've set up:

Set signal on favourite:
- Rule type "Set / Modify a Signal Only"
- Applies to selection "in position 1 (sorted in order of favouritism)"
- Signal for Current Selection
- Action "Increment Signal Value"
- Signal name "Favourite"

Lay the draw:
- Rule type "Place Lay Bet"
- Applies to selection "in row 3 (betfair order)"
- Place at "Best market price"
- Stake "By liability (Back & Lay) 10"

Set a signal if the favourite scores:
- Rule type "Set / Modify a Signal Only"
- Applies to selection "in position 1 (sorted in order of favouritism)"
- Conditions
- Unsuspended Time condition is greater than 60 seconds
- Historic Relative Odds condition Current (ANY selection) Last Traded price Now greater than Current (ANY selection) Last Traded price 65 seconds ago plus 10 ticks
- Condition type “Signal Set condition”, Is the signal named "Favourite" for "the selection", "set with a value", Selection "Current ( position 1 (sorted in order of favouritism) )"
- Signal for Market
- Action "Increment Signal Value"
- Signal name "Favourite goal"

I reckon this will identify a goal, look for the current favourite, check if it was the original favourite and then set a signal to reference later. I'm assuming that even if a serious underdog scores they will always become the favourite?
Jossy_79

PART 2:

Back the draw if favourite scores:
- Rule type "Place Back Bet"
- Applies to selection "in row 3 (betfair order)"
- Place at "Best market price"
- Stake "By liability (Back & Lay) 10"
- Conditions
- Unsuspended Time condition is greater than 65 seconds
- Historic Relative Odds condition Current (ANY selection) Last Traded price Now greater than Current (ANY selection) Last Traded price 70 seconds ago plus 10 ticks
- Condition type “Signal Set condition”, Is the signal named "Favourite goal" for "the market", "set with a value"

Green up if dog scores:
- Rule type "Close Trade on Selection With Greening"
- Allow rule to trigger up to "3" times, Wait "20" seconds before rearming (is it worth triggering this more?)
- Conditions
- Unsuspended Time condition is greater than 65 seconds
- Green All profit > 0
- Condition type “Signal Set condition”, Is the signal named "Favourite goal" for "the market", "NOT set with a value"

What do you think??
Dallas

I reckon this will identify a goal, look for the current favourite, check if it was the original favourite and then set a signal to reference later. I'm assuming that even if a serious underdog scores they will always become the favourite?

Not nessecerily, the draw could become the fav if the dog scores first, the draw odds will always shorten that for sure after a opener by the dog.

From your 1st post

Set signal on favourite:

That rule set up is correct

Set a signal if the favourite scores:

On your rule above you wont be able to use 'ANY' Historic Relative Odds condition because one of them will shorten no matter who scores

Lay the draw:

With no conditions this will trigger as soon as its armed

From your 2nd post

Back the draw if favourite scores:

Same problem as the Historic Relative Odds condition above

Green up if dog scores:

Nothing much to stop this triggerin prematuly

Your not all that far off over all its just a minor error here or there with a condition etc.

If you let me know what it is you want to do ill tell you the best way to do it,
ie, back draw if fav scores first (if not do nothing) green up after 60 mins etc
Jossy_79

Thanks a million for your help.

I'd like to amend my very simple First Half LTD to now do this:

Lay the FH Draw, 10-20 mins, < 2.50 (I didn't include this detail but it is in my baf)
If the favourite scores then Back the Draw to cover Lay liability and leave the rest on there not being a draw at HT
If the dog scores then green up (don't green up if the favourite has scored)

Simple. Unless you're me of course :-)

Thanks again,

Jossy
Dallas

Jossy_79 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:30 pm

Lay the FH Draw, 10-20 mins, < 2.50 (I didn't include this detail but it is in my baf)
If the favourite scores then Back the Draw to cover Lay liability and leave the rest on there not being a draw at HT

Thanks again,

Jossy
Sorry must of missed this, have you managed to sort it yet?
Jossy_79

Hey. No - had the week from hell and just getting back to my new 'hobby' now! Would be great if you could still help out!

Jossy
Dallas

Jossy_79 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:30 pm

Thanks again,

Jossy

Ok i assume you have the lay part working by using the previous setup/signals to identify the fav?

So you will need to seperate closing rules - ones for each scenarion

The first needs to be a close trade on selection and within that a condition that looks for a signal being set (ie, the signal would be set by a drop in odds of the fav)

The second needs to be a green up all selections rule and within that a condition that looks for a rise in the odds of the fav

Might need a little tinkering depending on exactly the type of matches your trading (how strong the fav may be) but that should get you started in the right direction
Jossy_79

Hey,

This is where I've got to with the file...

Does it look right to you?

Jossy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Jossy_79 wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:01 pm
Hey,

This is where I've got to with the file...

Does it look right to you?

Jossy
On your Favourite goal rule the HROC should be set as 'less' with minus 10 ticks not 'greater' with plus 10 ticks

On your back the draw if favourite scores your signal condition need to look for 'Favourite goal' you just have 'Favourite'

On your green goal if dog scores the signal name needs changing the same way as above same,

Otherwise, it looks about right
Jossy_79

You're a superstar. Understand why all those needed to be changed too! Getting there!

J

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”