Can a Bot find out what market it has been applied to?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Autolearner

This may be a silly newbie question, in which case apologies in advance!

I would like to explore applying the same Bot to the first five O/U markets for a given football match. But by the use of signals I would potentially deploy a strategy to the one that is “one above” the current score line.

So is there a way that a Bot can find out what market it has been applied to so that it can find out whether it should do something? (So for instance if the score is 1-0 the Bot applied to the O/U 2.5 does something In respomse to central signals)

Thanks as always for any and all assistance.
Autolearner

I am guessing this could probably be done by linking to Excel because cell B1 contains the name of the market, so I am presuming something derived from this could be passed back as a Shared Variable with the latest version of Bet Angel.

But I can't see how a Bot can "sense" what market it has been applied to just within Bet Angel itself.

Once again, thanks for any assistance.
sa7med

You can set up a stored value and have it show up in the log. So for example when a rule is triggered the stored value set botIdxyxApplied = 1. Then you can go back and have a look in the odds or have that stored value shared so you can use in other markets.
CallumPerry

Make a table of horse race venues and one for greyhound.

Take that string in cell B1 and if part of it matches a cell in the first table have the stored value return '1' for a horse race. If it matches a cell in the second table return '2' for greyhounds. Something along that kind of logic?

Correct score would be a bit easier. Just see if the first runner's "name" is '0-0'
Autolearner

Thanks Sa7med

I may well have mis-understood, but I am not sure that your suggestion quite does what I am looking for. The idea is that I would have an identical bot applied to say the first 5 O/U markets for a match. Another separate bot linked to the Correct Score market could for instance wait to half time then set a signal to instruct whichever bot is "one above" the current scoreline to implement a strategy

I can see how the CS linked bot could work out what the current score is, and set the central signals. I can also see how if one of the five identical bots "knows" that it is attached to say to O/U 2.5 market and the current score is 1-0 then it needs to trigger whatever the strategy might be.

But what I can't work out is how within Bet Angel alone each of the identical bots "knows" that it has been attached to the O/U 0.5, or 1.5 or whatever market. As stated above, I think I can see a workaround in Excel - just trying to see if there is something simpler that I am missing within BetAngel automation itself.

As I understand your suggestion, you are focusing on the "sending" bot in this example (the one linked to the CS market setting signals). My question revolved around the "receiving" bot knowing that the signal applied to it. But I am more than happy to be proved wrong
Autolearner

Thanks Callum

You have taken my idea to a new level - for which many thanks.

I was originally just intending to focus this on Football markets for now (and specifically the O/Us thereof). But if I follow through your logic I could just get into the habit of using a lookup table as you described to pass back "market codes" for a range of different sports from Excel back into the relevant bot as a shared value so that it "knows" what market it is applied to.

That doesn't mean I would have bots that could straddle different sports, but it does mean I could have say a generic "O/U football" bot that could be applied to multiple O/U markets for the same event and each bot would behave appropriately for the market it "knows" it has been applied to, as directed by central signals sent from elsewhere

At this stage in my rather ignominious trading career I am afraid I don't know enough about sports other than horses and football to assess the potential for wider application, but I will enjoy pondering. And at this stage building in a lookup table along the lines you suggest should be easy to implement

Thanks again for the suggestion!
CallumPerry

No worries Autolearner, you're very welcome.

Yeah, you could have a hybrid automation/Excel system with Excel sending a market title i.e. "A" or "1" for the Correct Score market and then automation manages the rest of the strategy or you could do it all from Excel. Good luck with it! :mrgreen:

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”