Back Server if Previous Game Won Easily Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

Jossy_79 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 1:23 pm
Hi,

Any reason the tiebreak signal is set to 5 games on any selection rather than 6-6 score? It looks like the way it's currently set up would mean the next game on a 6-5 / 5-6 scoreline couldn't be traded?

Thanks,

Jossy
No reason, it was added to stop the rule triggering in what could be the last game of the set/match just to show the process
Jossy_79

Cool - thanks. So setting it to 6-6 would still work?

Jossy
tonysamios

DALLAS

Thanks you for putting up so many automation strategies. They are all very interesting . I wonder whether you can post under what conditions you think these strategies work best? This would make for an excellent post.

Something like :
Mens or womens
Surface
When players are equally matched ? when not equally matched
Strong Server etc etc

I am sure all of these require experimentation and work well under the right conditions . Really just wondering whether you can give any pointers into what those might be. I note you have done that in some but not all of the files. A table would really really help.

Thanks Dallas - Even if you cant thank you for your great posts
Dallas

tonysamios wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:14 am
DALLAS

Thanks you for putting up so many automation strategies. They are all very interesting . I wonder whether you can post under what conditions you think these strategies work best? This would make for an excellent post.

Something like :
Mens or womens
Surface
When players are equally matched ? when not equally matched
Strong Server etc etc

I am sure all of these require experimentation and work well under the right conditions . Really just wondering whether you can give any pointers into what those might be. I note you have done that in some but not all of the files. A table would really really help.

Thanks Dallas - Even if you cant thank you for your great posts
Quiet often an automation file can be applied to a variety of match types and only those that really suit a particular market or match type that I state in the OP

As a general rule of thumb, women's matches will be a lot more volatile and contain more swing back and forth by having more breaks of serve so tend to present the best lay opportunities, whereas men are serve dominated esp on grass so tend suit backing type strategies

The Bet Angel blog has a number of tennis blogs which give plenty of pointers on how to best to trade various match types and what to look out for etc, which you can then match up a strategy to suit from this automation section
https://www.betangel.com/blog_wp/?s=tennis
tonysamios

Thanks Dallas . If I could ask one more question on this.
Do you ever change strategy mid match when using automation or is it best to stick to one.
Dallas

tonysamios wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 5:15 pm
Thanks Dallas . If I could ask one more question on this.
Do you ever change strategy mid match when using automation or is it best to stick to one.
Hardly ever when using automation, I just apply the rule then leave it as its often running on multiple matches sometimes dozens at the same time so im not really taking any notice of any of them to change it
mcgoo

Quick question Dallas:
I still search for singles matches via "Tennis and Match Odds AND not /" (this excludes doubles pretty well) I have seen a thread on here where you suggest searching for Mens via "Tennis and Match odds AND Mens or AND Womens". I find a lot of singles matches are left out of the results if I do either "Mens" or "Womens" vs searching for "and not /" Have I missed something?.Cheers in advance
Dallas

mcgoo wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:56 am
Quick question Dallas:
I still search for singles matches via "Tennis and Match Odds AND not /" (this excludes doubles pretty well) I have seen a thread on here where you suggest searching for Mens via "Tennis and Match odds AND Mens or AND Womens". I find a lot of singles matches are left out of the results if I do either "Mens" or "Womens" vs searching for "and not /" Have I missed something?.Cheers in advance
TBH I've always just added all my tennis markets to guardian then delete the low volume ones, so not actually noticed if some matches are left out in the search terms you stated above but I'll check out of a matter of interest
Nthan

Hi Dallas, I've been following your threads/using some of your automation files for a while now. I tried this today on small stakes (0.20p) to test and made 0.35 points profit. I'm fairly new to tennis trading and automation in general, so you'll have to excuse me if this doesn't exactly make sense. In a tennis game earlier on, the automation backed at odds of 1.59 for 0.20p, and then layed at 1.52 odds for 0.21p, making me a 0.01p profit. Is this expected? How could I go about extending how much the automation decides to lay on, as oppose to greening straight away? Would this be viable do you think, or am I totally off with the way I'm thinking of things?
Dallas

Nthan wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:32 pm
Hi Dallas, I've been following your threads/using some of your automation files for a while now. I tried this today on small stakes (0.20p) to test and made 0.35 points profit. I'm fairly new to tennis trading and automation in general, so you'll have to excuse me if this doesn't exactly make sense. In a tennis game earlier on, the automation backed at odds of 1.59 for 0.20p, and then layed at 1.52 odds for 0.21p, making me a 0.01p profit. Is this expected? How could I go about extending how much the automation decides to lay on, as oppose to greening straight away? Would this be viable do you think, or am I totally off with the way I'm thinking of things?
The prices in tennis move according to the score and each point won or lost, this bot backs at the start of a game and greens at the end (rather than offset for X number of ticks).
The only way to increase this is by changing when it greens at but that all depend on the overall strategy your running

The movement you seen is expected, as a match progresses the swing in points will increase if it's still a close match, so where the price only shortened 7 ticks for you after holding serve early on (likely 1st set) come the 2nd/3rd set this can be as much as 20,30 and even more ticks.

Also, the type of match matters, if you have a short price top player against a no-hoper they may not even gain any ticks when holding serve during the early stage of a match
ShaunWhite

Nthan wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:32 pm
I tried this today on small stakes (0.20p) to test and made 0.35 points profit.
You need to remember that on micro stakes the commission will be unrepresentitive of what what you will be paying on normal stakes.

0.35pts on 20p is 7p. If that was 7x1p then you haven't paid any commission.
Nthan

Thanks for your insight guys :)
mcgoo

Dallas wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:10 pm

TBH I've always just added all my tennis markets to guardian then delete the low volume ones, so not actually noticed if some matches are left out in the search terms you stated above but I'll check out of a matter of interest
Thanks Dallas. I have a 50k entry condition so not sure if this precludes some or all of the ones I find outside of using "AND Mens or AND Womens" (describing this in written sentences hurts my head :D ) if you get my meaning but will be interested in your observations anyway.Cheers
cmuddle

Why is the back the server rule set to Betfair order 1 ?

Is it intended to back any player?

Can I use a condition to back the one that trades below 2 ?

Many Thanks
Dallas

cmuddle wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 10:51 pm
Why is the back the server rule set to Betfair order 1 ?

Is it intended to back any player?

Can I use a condition to back the one that trades below 2 ?

Many Thanks
Because of the signals needed, it uses its easier to set them up by creating it to back individual rows rather than 'ANY'

In 2 selection markets one is always below 2.0 and will be the fav, so if you apply it to Betfair order of favouritism 1
or you can add a fixed odds condition that the selection is below 2

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Tennis”