Back or Lay Player if 2pts Behind on Serve Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use on Tennis markets.

Very simple but very effective bot when applied to the right players. It’s basic task is to back or lay a player for £10 when serving if they fall 2pts behind their opponent during that game, it will then green up at the end of the game regardless of the outcome. This will be repeated throughout the match. The back and lay bets will be placed just outside the current trading price to increase the chances of them being matched - remember Betfair will always match at the best odds available.

All you need to decide is if you want to back or lay a player when 2pts behind, this is done by selecting a player in either the 'Automation Nominated Selection 1' or 'Automation Nominated Selection 2' columns on the main guardian page after applying the automation file to each market.
Automation Nominated Selection 1 – if you want to back
Automation Nominated Selection 2 – if you want to lay

In the image below in the first match I have chosen to back ‘Radwanska’ if she goes 2pts behind on serve and lay ‘Kuznetsova’ if she goes 2pts behind while serving.
In the next match I have chosen to only back ‘Muguruza’ if she goes 2pts behind while serving
And so on for the last two matches

Guardian Noms Image Tennis Bot.JPG

To use the file just click on Back or Lay Player if 2pts Behind on Serve.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.
To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thomasannand1

This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use on Tennis markets.

Very simple but very effective bot when applied to the right players. It’s basic task is to back or lay a player for £10 when serving if they fall 2pts behind their opponent during that game, it will then green up at the end of the game regardless of the outcome. This will be repeated throughout the match. The back and lay bets will be placed just outside the current trading price to increase the chances of them being matched - remember Betfair will always match at the best odds available.

All you need to decide is if you want to back or lay a player when 2pts behind, this is done by selecting a player in either the 'Automation Nominated Selection 1' or 'Automation Nominated Selection 2' columns on the main guardian page after applying the automation file to each market.
Automation Nominated Selection 1 – if you want to back
Automation Nominated Selection 2 – if you want to lay

In the image below in the first match I have chosen to back ‘Radwanska’ if she goes 2pts behind on serve and lay ‘Kuznetsova’ if she goes 2pts behind while serving.
In the next match I have chosen to only back ‘Muguruza’ if she goes 2pts behind while serving
And so on for the last two matches

Guardian Noms Image Tennis Bot.JPG

To use the file just click on Back or Lay Player if 2pts Behind on Serve.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.
To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
ATTACHMENTS
Back or Lay Player 2pts Behind on Serve.baf
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Guardian Import.jpg
Hi @Dallas,

I want to also add two other triggers to this. First, if my selection ends up winning the game I want to then green out. Second, if my selection loses his/her serve I want to then stop loss. How would i do this?
Dallas

thomasannand1 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:15 pm

Hi @Dallas,

I want to also add two other triggers to this. First, if my selection ends up winning the game I want to then green out. Second, if my selection loses his/her serve I want to then stop loss. How would i do this?
It already greens up at the end of each game no matter who wins it
thomasannand1

Dallas wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:20 pm
thomasannand1 wrote:

Hi @Dallas,

Thankyou, im a fairly new trader so i just want my lay bet to get matched at the current market price because at the moment bet angel is entering my lay bets but they arent getting matched. What would be the best parameters to use to just get a lay bet matched at current market price?
Dallas

thomasannand1 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:33 pm
Dallas wrote:
thomasannand1 wrote:

Hi @Dallas,

Thankyou, im a fairly new trader so i just want my lay bet to get matched at the current market price because at the moment bet angel is entering my lay bets but they arent getting matched. What would be the best parameters to use to just get a lay bet matched at current market price?
This will be due to the price moving during Betfairs 5sec in-play delay, so to counter this try submitting the lay bets a few ticks above the current market price by using 'Place at 2nd or 2rd best price' on the parameters tab or 'custom ticks above best reverse price' and use 4-6 ticks for this.
ShaunWhite

Actually obtaining the price you or your automation 'sees' is very difficult as the markets can move very quickly.

The best way to guarentee that your bet is matched is to use the 'Place at' item on the 'Parameters' tab of your rule to define how far away from the current price you are prepared to accept. You will probably find that you get bets matched at a better price than you expect sometimes too, it just depends how the market is moving and what trades from other people are whizzing in and out of the market, perhaps dozens every millisecond.
ShaunWhite

That Dallas sure is quick on the draw. ;) Or maybe i just take too long to type a reply.
thomasannand1

Dallas wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:38 pm
thomasannand1 wrote:
Dallas wrote:

This will be due to the price moving during Betfairs 5sec in-play delay, so to counter this try submitting the lay bets a few ticks above the current market price by using 'Place at 2nd or 2rd best price' on the parameters tab or 'custom ticks above best reverse price' and use 4-6 ticks for this.
Thanks for the reply, any reason the bot didn't enter a lay bet after the 1st set?
Dallas

thomasannand1 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:05 pm
Dallas wrote:
thomasannand1 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, any reason the bot didn't enter a lay bet after the 1st set?
Did your nominated player go 2pts behind when serving during the 2nd set?
thomasannand1

Dallas wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:07 pm
thomasannand1 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:05 pm
Dallas wrote:

Did your nominated player go 2pts behind when serving during the 2nd set?
Yes, although I do not have a nominated person, it is set to any.
Dallas

thomasannand1 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:13 pm

Yes, although I do not have a nominated person, it is set to any.
Providing you changed any conditions that may of also needed to be changed then it shouldn't make any difference and if its triggered ok on 1st set then certainly no reason why it would not trigger on later sets
Covrich

Sorry I did post up then remove it

I have had a few weird fires from this bot but it does look like it might be pretty good.

One question and its probably pretty obvious

I imagine you cannot have this working simultaneous to anything else even manual trading..

I went for a lay after a break I think and the green up bot immediately intervened and closed out for a 1 tick loss..
Dallas

Thats right, if a bots set to green up at start of a game and you decide to manually put a bet in it doesn't know why you have done that so will just green it straight up as per its instruction
Covrich

Dallas wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:24 pm
Thats right, if a bots set to green up at start of a game and you decide to manually put a bet in it doesn't know why you have done that so will just green it straight up as per its instruction
Okay thanks, makes sense. Just wanted to be sure that its a rule that needs to be used in isolation and not with anything else or manual
Covrich

Does anybody know what else could be causing this I am trying to watch it to discover what is going on but I find this just behaves really oddly

It seems to enter a position okay but it greens red up at really odd prices

I had one enter a lay at 4.5 (not sure I should be laying at that price but thats another thing to consider) the lay was successful but when I go to check it I discover it greens up at 4.5 too ??? :lol:

I had one where it backed at 1.84 and this was unsucessful and the price drifted to something like 2.1 however it greened up at 1.88..

Could it be I am using practice mode while I try to refine this bot? or does it should like I need to put some kind of delay on the green up rule??

Any suggestions

Thanks in advanced

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Tennis”